Car Just Been Taken, Please Please Help If U Can I Beg U

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you so so much ploddertom that is fantastic, it has made me feel so much more positive,

The bit I have highlighted about where it was issued, it says on the sheriffs papers - district registry - norwich

Does this mean this is the court? Sorry if it sounds like an obvious question x

You should go back and edit your post to take the Place name from the Court listing. However that is where you need to submit your Stay of Execution as it is a District Registry of the High Court. The chances are the CCJ was probably awarded thro' that place's County Court so it would be worth enquiring there first. Alternatively you would have to go through Registry Trust or one of the CRA's to find out which Court the CCJ was done through.

Forgot to mention before if you do win Set Aside the CCJ will be wiped from your Credit History but it does take time, Also it is in your best interests if you do win to forward a copy to the HCEO and his company - do not rely on the Claimant doing so.

If stuck for finding CCJ number it may be in small print towards the bottom of the Writ you served with.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we need now to sort this and get your car back

1/ how is the original debt before baliff fee near 3k

the most the landlord could screw you for is a months rent

2/ have you had any official documentation that this has been passed up to hceo

3/did you get the original claim form, was it head in the sand syndrome and do you still have it

Sorry I missed this message,

1 I would have questioned that straight away, we were not in 6 months arrears neither did we cause any damage that would have amounted to that much, its baffling.

2 No, first we knew of any "trouble" was the sheriff turning up at work,

3 No, hand on my heart and i asked my partner did he ever have anything about it (because his head has been in the sand for years) and he said no, and thinking about it if the sheriff got him at work it would have been sent there or his parents house, and it obviously wasnt because he gets post at his parents house sometimes and if they saw something looking iffy they would definitely have questioned us,

All we had was a couple of letters to say we were in arrears and action would have to be taken (from a solicitor= our ex landlady was also a solicitor at the same firm) my partner rang them inbetween stated we intended to get straight and repay, then we got a notice requiring posession that ran out in about 6 weeks i think and we thought that was it, we also had a council tax debt at the property which we had a bailiff call on us and because i didnt know about this forum :( i we let them in and made a payment plan which we were sticking to then stopped - but then paid the debt in full about 6 months later xx.

If stuck for finding CCJ number it may be in small print towards the bottom of the Writ you served with.

PT

Would this be a Claim No: a number followed by two letters then 5 numbers?

Oh and Thank you for letting me know, silly me...... You need to edit now as well though :):???: x

Edited by hardworking_harddoneby

we also had a council tax debt at the property which we had a bailiff call on us and because i didnt know about this forum :( i we let them in and made a payment plan which we were sticking to then stopped - but then paid the debt in full about 6 months later xx.

It would be worth posting details of this as the chances are the Bailiff had you over the kitchen sink - you have 6 years to claim back any excess charges. Doesn't matter if you haven't got paperwork now as long as you can remember name of company!

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When you find out where the CCJ was done ask for copies of the paperwork as that will tell you what sums of money the Claimant was asking for eg Rent, damages, Loss of Profits etc whether true or untrue and also gives a chance to argue these.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It would be worth posting details of this as the chances are the Bailiff had you over the kitchen sink - you have 6 years to claim back any excess charges. Doesn't matter if you haven't got paperwork now as long as you can remember name of company!

PT

Ah, do you know what, they did, we paid them £50 over the phone the day they called and a couple of 50s after that then we had to pay over 800 in full about 6 months later, i am so annoyed with myself but i think i got rid of all the stuff when we paid off final amount cause i was happy the woman was out of our hair, i remember the company name and the waomans first name, should i blurt or pm? x

And i forgot to mention that we only owed 3 months council tax but bailiff said we had to pay the whole year, and then guess what, we moved into another district and havent been able to pay council tax here what a mess, but now im thinking was that a lie, why would the council demand a whole more 9 months in advance?? oh how silly and thick we are x

When you find out where the CCJ was done ask for copies of the paperwork as that will tell you what sums of money the Claimant was asking for eg Rent, damages, Loss of Profits etc whether true or untrue and also gives a chance to argue these.

PT

I will definitely make sure we do ALL those things tomorrow, i can go to bed tonight feeling hopeful about it now, ty again xx

Yeah would be fair to say she might have had trouble re renting the place, to be frank it was no penthouse, an ex council mid terrace, in a village in the middle of nowhere, we took it simply because it was the cheapest we had seen and it was filthy when we moved in, cat pee stains which i reported to her handy man and nothing was done, i had a crawling baby at the time :( I always thought we had been had, its great i have somewhere i can start and sift through our problems x

Ah, do you know what, they did, we paid them £50 over the phone the day they called and a couple of 50s after that then we had to pay over 800 in full about 6 months later, i am so annoyed with myself but i think i got rid of all the stuff when we paid off final amount cause i was happy the woman was out of our hair, i remember the company name and the waomans first name, should i blurt or pm? x

Can't see the harm in mentioning the Company name - in passing of course.

What you would need to do is submit a Subject Access Request on them - costs £10 - best by Postal Order as payment is guaranteed, but worthwhile - they then have 40 days to comply with your request - this is a legal requirement. If they don't you can submit a N! in the local Court that forces the issue. They will no doubt try to fob you off with all manner of excuses, all you need to do then is tell them they still have XXdays remaining of the 40 days allowed.

If as I expected you have been had then you have 2 courses of action - they either pay you voluntarily + interest + inconvenience or you inform the Council and ask them to pay - only give them 7 days. If they bicker don't prat about N1 at County Court and name them both as Defendants. Guarantee one of them will cough before it gets anywhere near the Court door. Plus of course you will be asking for the Litigant in person rate of £9-25 per hour or part of for doing this.

The hunter then becomes the hunted.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The hunter then becomes the hunted.

PT

That is going to be my new mantra :)

I better be going to bed, got a headache like i've never had before, but thanks so much again, i know i keep saying it but tomorrow is a new day, the worst has happened and its time to get our heads out the sand and fight back.... xxxxxxxx

I'm curious. The OP mentioned she had to pay 9 months council tax in advance to Bob the Bailiff. They then moved - presumably way before these 9 months were up - would they not be entitled to a refund of unused council tax???

Rae.

£3000 does sound excessive but if you've been hiding and ignoring the bailiffs and many visits have been made then the fees will certainly escalate. Maybe not to that much though, but the bigger the debt the bigger the initial fees.

Interest is claimable at 8% per annum. If somebody owed you money for years, I'm sure you'd want interest on it too.

What is your problem ? Forget it !

So whats cooking today ?

Very mature. Please dont deviate this thread from your original questions.

Actually compared to what I would like to say to you it is a mature comment, and its my opinion -

HCE - you assumed i LIED about something, have you apologised for this yet?

HCE - Answer PGs questions if you have nothing to hide,

HCE - Stop trolling around on my post, insinuating that by standing up to you i am deviating the thread, my comment about you being low refers to your obvious moral values, they are LOW if you really believe i lied and justice has prevailed here, and that 3000 in fees is reasonsable. Yes we hid, yes we knew we owed money but we were scared and didnt know where to start, you are still trying to antagonise me - therefore you are lower than a worms belly, fair comment i would say x

Unfortunately this is what bailiffs do, use anything necessary to obtain money from his debtor.

As you are a 'live' case, the bailiff will be on your back until he gets the money or gets bored, or gets a better case to move onto.

Bailiffs also know they make false representations to obtain money, they also know police often tolerate it, but sometimes an unlucky bailiff is charged and they see this an occupational hazzard.

The next generation Nintendo Wii - the Nintendo Puu

may i ask

if you have a genuine complaint against a hceo, say for racked up fees, being as they are not certificated in a county court,

how do you do an official complaint

i mean not going to the baliffs head office but getting him/her to answer in front of a judge to be struck off so to speak

• Haha 1

Thank you so so much ploddertom that is fantastic, it has made me feel so much more positive,

The bit I have highlighted about where it was issued, it says on the sheriffs papers - district registry - *whoops*

Does this mean this is the court? Sorry if it sounds like an obvious question x

Good afternoon,

Partner just called Court and confirmed judgement issued there and referred to form N244, ive gone on there and getting form ready to print... but the form for fees (theres a £75 and we have no money :( ) isnt EX321, thats a form or leaflet for someone who hasnt paid??

Is it EX160A??

Thanks again, so good to feel like we're starting,

X

may i ask

if you have a genuine complaint against a hceo, say for racked up fees, being as they are not certificated in a county court,

how do you do an official complaint

i mean not going to the baliffs head office but getting him/her to answer in front of a judge to be struck off so to speak

I've been wondering the same, after we've filled out the court forms, stay of execution and Set Aside claim, i really want to get the Bailiff for his fees, is it just a case of calling the police? xxxxxxx