Online provisional licence request after disqualification

boomclart
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was disqualified for 1 year and am now in process of re-applying for my licence. The disq was for dangerous driving and drink driving (below the limit where you need to complete other forms and medical assesment)

I have tried online to apply for my provisional online whilst at work and I got to the point where it asked for my passport number which I did not have to hand.

I have since tried when I returned home but it now states I can not proceed with this method before getting to the point where it asks for my passport number.

Can anyone advise if I just need to reset my Government Gateway User ID, whether my original session at work will timeout and re-allow me to proceed or if I the first attempt was somehow wrong and should of stopped me as I can't apply online.

I presume you are correct in re-applying for a provisional licence following your ban? Not all bans require you to return to "provisional" status, or was it within your first 2 years of driving and therefore revoked your licence as well?

• 1 month later...
ouch! extended tests don't come cheap. :(

hi there, i was banned for 3 years for drink driving whilst disqualified (not much over the limit) for being drunk in charge, when the time comes will i have to sit a medical and an extended test?

if so what are the costs involved?

cheers

hi there, i was banned for 3 years for drink driving whilst disqualified (not much over the limit) for being drunk in charge, when the time comes will i have to sit a medical and an extended test?

if so what are the costs involved?

cheers

no one on CAG can really answer the "will I have to sit medical or extended test" question. Was either or both of these instructions included by the magistrate as part of your ban?

hallowitch is correct on the cost of the test, but bear in mind you will have to add driving lesson costs onto this as well which could soon add another 1 to 2 hundred quid on depending on how "up to test standard" you are already.

There are a few people on CAG who have been through the medical so should be able to advise on the cost of this when they see this thread.

no one on CAG can really answer the "will I have to sit medical or extended test" question. Was either or both of these instructions included by the magistrate as part of your ban?

hallowitch is correct on the cost of the test, but bear in mind you will have to add driving lesson costs onto this as well which could soon add another 1 to 2 hundred quid on depending on how "up to test standard" you are already.

There are a few people on CAG who have been through the medical so should be able to advise on the cost of this when they see this thread.

the magistrate didnt say i had to resit my test, do a medical or sit an extended test. she just gave me a 3 year ban and 12 months probation

According to the DVLA site, it is not mandatory that you have to resit your tests and/or take a medical. There are a couple of drink related reasons you may have to take a medical which you can read in my link below. No mention is made of under what circumstances you may have to take your tests again, so I think we were correct that this requirement should have been stipulated as part of your sentence.

Getting your driving licence back after disqualification : Directgov - Motoring

According to the DVLA site, it is not mandatory that you have to resit your tests and/or take a medical. There are a couple of drink related reasons you may have to take a medical which you can read in my link below. No mention is made of under what circumstances you may have to take your tests again, so I think we were correct that this requirement should have been stipulated as part of your sentence.

Getting your driving licence back after disqualification : Directgov - Motoring

hi thanks for the reply,

i cant see where it states that i would have to resit my test, only that some medical requirements may be asked for, so im thinking i dont have to resit my test as it wasnt ordered by the court?

best to check with the court to be sure.

You should be able to ask the DVLA if their records show you need a re-test, but from everyone's experience of the DVLA here on CAG is anything to go by, they don't generally know their bonnet from their boot! :p