1st credit - JDW - can they do this?

lostthewill
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

Me again! I CCA'd 1st credit for an alleged debt to JD Williamns, they didn't comply int he 12 days, and just 3 days short of the 42 days they have replied to say the following - I've typed it as I don't have a scanner!!

"I write further to your letter dated 27 Nov 09. A copy of our complaints procedure has been sent under seperate cover.

Following your request for documentation under Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, we sought the same from the original creditor.

We have since been advised that this is not available to be supplied to us and we are therefore unable to comply with your request.

This places the account into a default situation which you are correct in your belief that the debt is currently unenforceable by law. We are fully aware fo the lagalities in relation to this situation however, this does not mean that the debt is written off and the account remains due and payable.

We are satisfied of your liability for the debt by the payments which have been made to it. As such, your details will remain recorded on the debt file and the account will remain on your credit history for the relevant period of time."

Now, do I just wait for the 42 days and then send the 42 days you've not sent me the information letter, or do I respond now? I've never made any payments to 1st credit or JD williams, I genuinely have no idea what this debt is, I've foundonthe net that it's a catalogue company, i've never had a catalogue in my life, so I cannot see how they can satisfy themselves of my liability when they have no proof, and if they have they've never sent it to me!!!!

arrrggghhh, it's soooo annoying!! Please can you help/advise/give me something nasty to send them through the post!! :-?

Thanks everso!

You Say You Have No Knowledge Of This Debt

Have You Requested Full Disclosure

Has Ist Crud Or Jd Williams Put A Default On Your Credit File

We are satisfied of your liability for the debt by the payments which have been made to it. As such, your details will remain recorded on the debt file and the account will remain on your credit history for the relevant period of time."

THEY HAVE HUNG THEMSELF WITH THAT REPLY

Hi there

Thanks for your reply, I have CCA'd them asking for a copy of the original CCA, deed of assignment, and any other documentation that the CCA 1974 requires them to supply. I've not had a single piece of information from them, other than this letter.

I'm off to check my credit file now too!! I hope they haven't registered any default!!

If they have and in relation to them saying that they are satisfied of my laibility, what do I do!?

Sorry I am new to all this and it's very confusing!!

Send them the 'prove it' letter number 18 from here:

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

Amend to suit, send recorded keeping a copy with your postal receipt, print do not sign your letter and come back when youo get a reply.

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda :)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

pers i'd send b*gger all.

only puts a marker on your file that a mug pays attention to his spam mail.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

pers i'd send b*gger all.

only puts a marker on your file that a mug pays attention to his spam mail.

dx

I disagree. 1st crud are a pain in the proverbial and need to be dealt with in the toughest of ways.

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

then its sold to the next DCA within a phishing list & certainly without the knowledge/complaint that it nothing to do with the OP or is invalid.

the op states they know nothing about the debt, its a phishing trip

ignore

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...