Monument Cca

Dotty50
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi anyone, looking for some more help here please.

Is it right that they can only supply up to the last 6 years of information?

How can I go about a PPI claim without all statements?

And any charges, for that matter?

Doing a bit of reading her tonight.

Is there anyone out there that has managed to get PPI back from Monument?

They call it 'Payment Break Plan', same difference I guess but I cannot find any success stories! :(

• 2 weeks later...

hiya Dotty

have bumped again for you - know you came to my thread and im subbing to yours now too

i didnt have the ppi element in mine but interesting reply they have given to you on their final letter

wonder if it worth now going to the ombundsman, apart from the cost to monmument - it will show that you are serious in getting the correct information

thats an interesting element about that you agreed to the terms when you signed the application form, i must have a look to see if i got the original terms with mine as well as the upto date terms when i sent off for my cca and i think i got info via the sars too

will let you know

keep searching around for all the monument threads its a bit of a long winded way but you learn so much from others experiences that you learn something new

i save all the threads with bits of knowledge but i also write down interesting stuff i need to research more on

if you are really desperate for a mod to look at your worries, pls hit the triangle - know it says report post but it will arlet the mod team to view this thread of yours and hopefully get someone to reply to you

will look in later

angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hi Angel, welcome to my thread too.

Just read that reply again, I must get another letter back to them this week.

Interesting sentence, "Upon receipt and acceptance of your application for a Monument VISA card, you were issued with a further copy of the agreement's Terms and conditions along with a VISA card and PIN".

I NEVER made any application to Monument, this was originally a card from Providian, which I think was an arm of Barclays/card and they sold it to Raphael & Sons plc.

Now going to sit and work out PPI plus contractual interest and then ask how they came to add this charge. Without a copy of an agreement or even an application, how am I to know?

I NEVER made any application to Monument, this was originally a card from Providian, which I think was an arm of Barclays/card and they sold it to Raphael & Sons plc.

Monument is a trading name of Raphael & Sons plc (therefore, they are one in the same).

Hi zingy,

Thanks, yes I realise that but as I said, I never made any application directly to Monument, which is what they say in their letter. They have not supplied any notice of assingment with the SAR either.

I am in the process of drafting a letter as we speak and will post for advise before sending it.

As promised, here is what I plan to send, used a bit of a letter from Davefirewalkers thread but TBH I think I deleted most of it as it didn't apply to my case, but it was still very useful to refer to.

Any advice or opinions greatly appreciated.

SUBJECT ACCESS FURTHER INFO REQUEST with deletions.doc

Hi zingy,

Thanks, yes I realise that but as I said, I never made any application directly to Monument, which is what they say in their letter. They have not supplied any notice of assingment with the SAR either.

I am in the process of drafting a letter as we speak and will post for advise before sending it.

Yeah, looks as though this was included in their 'standard response' letter.

I do think that Raphael & Sons (Monument) and Barclaycard are intertwined still - as my barclaycard statement came this morning and on the back of the envelope was the 51 staffron road address.....hmm..

Just making some notes re your letter. Will add more as I read through.

First of all, you have NOT made the request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 but the Data Protection Act 1998 (Subject Access Request).

So you will need to amend that sentence.

Also, the final paragraph..... I have added the bit in blue. Your choice whether you add it or not.

I will not accept anyphone callsfrom you or your agents and request that all future communication is documented in writing, this ensures that there is no misunderstanding on behalf of either party and protects me in the event of litigation.

Further, if you are going to make a complaint re lack of information via the SAR then that will be under the Information Commissioners remit. Not the Financial Ombudsman.

The FOS will look at your complaint in respect of PPI, but not missing info.

HTH:D

Edited by citizenB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Just making some notes re your letter. Will add more as I read through.

First of all, you have NOT made the request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 but the Data Protection Act 1998 (Subject Access Request).

So you will need to amend that sentence.

Also, the final paragraph..... I have added the bit in blue. Your choice whether you add it or not.

Further, if you are going to make a complaint re lack of information via the SAR then that will be under the Information Commissioners remit. Not the Financial Ombudsman.

The FOS will look at your complaint in respect of PPI, but not missing info.

HTH:D

Dotty, did you CCA before you DSAR'd them? If so, then I'm sure you can use either.

hiya Dotty

thanks for your comments too

have viewed your letter but looks like others have already commented what i sort of wanted to clarify too

but i wanted to let you know not sure if im confussed now but when i did my sars to barclays i also included the monument account and im pretty sure i got my data from that barclays sars as i cant remember paying another 10.00 directly to monument

hope that makes sense

will look at my records further in the meantime keep positive

laters all angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Thank you all very much for your help.

CB - I have amended the letter as advised.

Zingy - Yes did CCA request first and produced just a reply card which is posted on here (probably the first post)

Angel1 - Thanks for your help too, didn't want to alert Barclaycard to anything at the moment but will bear in mind what you have said.

Hi Herman,

Thanks for letting me know it is encouraging to hear from someone that has successfully reclaimed.

I see you don't have a thread for Monument. Did it take you long to get the money back and was it credited back to the card?

What about contractual interest, did you get anything added?

I will get the letter sent off to them and see what happens.

Hi Dotty,

This was my first successful ppi reclaim.It went as follows;

1)First letter reply was get lost

2)the second letter i sent conveniently got lost by Monument.

3)The third letter i sent led to a reply refunding me 50% of all premiums paid since Dec 2000.

The whole process took three months from the date of my first complaint letter to the day the refund was credited to my account.

Some points to note are that as this was my first reclaim i didn't realise all the rules regarding reclaiming, and i am sure if i had sent another letter i may have got back all premiums paid and i would have asked for the interest.However Monument said they were not regulated at the time of the sale therefore i am unsure as to whether the FOS would have taken this up if i had gone down that route.

Also i have found that unless i send by recorded delivery to Monument thay say that they have not received the letter.

Good luck

Herman