New Licence came back provisional!

Bouncebackability260
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, This is my very first post so I will try my best to make myself clear!. In 2000 my wife was convicted of drink driving even though she was tested 2 hours after parking her car in the garage at home. Anyway that is history and was banned for 3 years. When her ban was lifted she applied again for her licence and recieved a provisional. The court made no mention at the time of sentence that she had to take her test again. She contacted DVLA who told her that she had allways had a provisional licence which was rubbish, and had no record of her ever passing her test!. They more or less said take your test again because nothing could be proven either way. In the court case it was read out by the clerk to the judge, that he had in his hand a full licence in the name of my wife!. The question is, could anything be done to restore a full licence and would it be worth it to get legal representation?. I just seems they say they are right end of story. Any advice would be helpfull.:-?

You would need to show the DVLA a copy of it, or the pass certificate. The court would have returned the old licence to the DVLA for cancellation, so if that was done, and she has no other corroboration of passing her test, she's stuffed.

Of course, she could make a SAR request for all details the DVLA hold on her - giving all addresses, DoB etc, as a manual search for this data can often uncover the all important record that a normal keyboard jokey might miss. Other thoughts, had she ever provided a copy of her licence to an insurer? See if they still retain a copy, same again if she provided her licence as an ID to bank/solicitor, who need to retain copies for 10 years.

Worth a try!

You would need to show the DVLA a copy of it, or the pass certificate. The court would have returned the old licence to the DVLA for cancellation, so if that was done, and she has no other corroboration of passing her test, she's stuffed.

Of course, she could make a SAR request for all details the DVLA hold on her - giving all addresses, DoB etc, as a manual search for this data can often uncover the all important record that a normal keyboard jokey might miss. Other thoughts, had she ever provided a copy of her licence to an insurer? See if they still retain a copy, same again if she provided her licence as an ID to bank/solicitor, who need to retain copies for 10 years.

Worth a try!

I have had similar from the DVLA, had some driving convictions etc... seems their computers are useless.

When I first got my provisional licence I could drive a 7.5ton vehicle with provisional status, got a ban... provisional come back with just cars on it ! lol

Argued that being as I had applied and received my first licence before they started removing these from licenses it should be there, no luck !

I would also ask the court for a full transcript of the case as I believe they are recorded :)

I'm afraid very few, if any, of these stories of the DVLA removing categories from licences ever has a happy ending with the DVLA backing down.

I have it on very good authority that the DVLA are infalable. I know it's true because the DVLA told me. :p

if you wife was convicted but not of driving otherwise than in accordance with a license then she must have had a full license at the time of the offence. It's a bit of a vicarious argument but it is worth a try.

DVLA often get licenses wrong but they refuse to admit any fallibility.

if you wife was convicted but not of driving otherwise than in accordance with a license then she must have had a full license at the time of the offence. It's a bit of a vicarious argument but it is worth a try.

DVLA often get licenses wrong but they refuse to admit any fallibility.

Hi, Ok to go down this route would I need a full transcript of the court case?, and if so how would we get this?. Would she then present this to the DVLA through a solicitor?. Thanks all for the help so far.:)

I would soubt whether the court would keep a transcript. Only the facts of the parties, dates and disposition. Some courts sub-contract their data and transcription services to outside agencies, who MIGHT be able to supply a copy, but they are not cheap.

Hi, Ok to go down this route would I need a full transcript of the court case?, and if so how would we get this?. Would she then present this to the DVLA through a solicitor?. Thanks all for the help so far.:)

well if she only had a provisional and no l plates etc when 'done', then she would have been convicted of otherwise than in accordance as well as DD.

I would contact the court and see what info they still have as a first thing. There is a danger with DVLA that it will just end up easier and cheaper to retake the test. But I just thought I'd throw in the obvious lack of an offence - which is endorseable and would be on the licence even if with no point for 4 years