Contribution Based JSA to Income Based JSA

Braveheart2009
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we got a call from the Job Centre saying they are reviewing our situation they said plans are underway to decide to keep paying your mortgage interest payments or it may be okay till September 2012 we really hope so to find decent paid work. They will still pay JSA IB but not mortgage payments after 2 years.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have been notified by the DWP that my housing benefit will stop in October this year because the new rules state you cannot attain housing benefit for more than 24 months now however they will add £20 per week £80 per month on top of your job seekers to compensate for it.

Thank god our mortgage is low and making up the remaining amount we will scrape by however what of those people with huge mortgages will they now be homeless under the new rules?

Also, I heard if you’re on sickness allowance after 24 months they keep paying your mortgage interest payments is that true?

Thanks.

Hi,

Has anyone done this what form do you need to fill out can you print and send it online? I want to change because my Job Centre is useless and intimidating also it costs lot of money to get their by travel however I can save money and walk it to another one nearby.

Thanks.

All you need to do is visit the new jobcentre in person or use the tephony service (as long as you trust Balfour Beatty to transfer your call to the correct office!) and request a live transfer.

If you are not changing anything other than the office you attend then you won't be required to complete any additonal forms, your adviser will complete for JSA460 to request that your payment details are updated to show you are sigining at a new jobcentre. It would be form JSA3 (which cannot be completed online) that you would need to complete.

In order to reduce any potential disruption of your payments I would sign at your existing office on your normal day and then contact the new office (visit or phone) and request the live transfer appointment. This should then allow ample time for the benefit centre to update your records with as little disruption as possible and hopefully no delay in your next payment.

You don't need to ask your current adviser to book the new appointment at the new JCP as they won't have access to book into someone elses diary in an different office. as posted above in order to cause as little disruption attend your next signing and then contact the new office, you don't even need to tell your current adviser about your intentions if you don't want too.

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I am currently on JSA and thinking about switching to self employment. I applied for working tax credits and notified the HMRC my intention to go self employed, however this got declined due to me still being registered on JSA on their system, they are now linked with the benefits office.

They told me soon as you sign off and fill the WTC form back to us you will get WTC but I fear I may not get it due to just starting out hence not making much income.

Anyone been on the same boat? I cant live without JSA or WTC.

Thanks.

Speak to your local Job Centre Plus about this, as I believe they have a process for those wanting to go S/employed. You would have to give them full details about what you are wanting to do and there are forms that need to be completed. I think they will continue paying benefit and you have to supply them with details of how you are getting on, with the benefit adjusted, depending on your earnings. This is what I have heard, but you will need to speak to JCP/DWP about this to get the exact details.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Speak to your local Job Centre Plus about this, as I believe they have a process for those wanting to go S/employed. You would have to give them full details about what you are wanting to do and there are forms that need to be completed. I think they will continue paying benefit and you have to supply them with details of how you are getting on, with the benefit adjusted, depending on your earnings. This is what I have heard, but you will need to speak to JCP/DWP about this to get the exact details.

Ive learned more about the Job Centre what they do on the net that those goons. One person tells you one thing and passes you onto someone else who then says it doesn't exist anymore cut backs! The hound you about the NEA scheme which is no other than a loan you can get from your bank and it comes with conditions. Personally, I feel it will be very difficult to sign back on if my business fails in 6 months time and I get no tax credits.

New Enterprise Allowance is what the JCP deal with.

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/adviser/updates/new-enterprise-allowance/

heard it all before.

Well sorry but the NEA is the only thing JCP will be able to advise you about they are not in a position to advise about tax credits as those are administed by HMRC.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/taxcredits/start/claiming/income-hours/self-employed-income.htm this is about self employment and tax credits but I assume you have already read this.

Ive learned more about the Job Centre what they do on the net that those goons. One person tells you one thing and passes you onto someone else who then says it doesn't exist anymore cut backs! The hound you about the NEA scheme which is no other than a loan you can get from your bank and it comes with conditions. Personally, I feel it will be very difficult to sign back on if my business fails in 6 months time and I get no tax credits.

heard it all before.

Yeah, let's keep it civil please. Some of those "goons" offer advice on this site in their free time and for no reward. And I can assure you that none of them know what you've "heard before".

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.