Contribution Based JSA to Income Based JSA

Braveheart2009
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

If you have applied for any benefits a single claim rather than a joint claim if your married can your partner call up, make a story up and cancel your benefit claim?

Also, when making a single claim what if you cannot get a hold of her payslips or bank statements that the job center ask for?

Thanks.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the JCP receive information (from anyone) relating to a claim that they believe to be fraudulent then they will investigate I would have thought.

With regards to payslips, they can normally accept a letter from your employer but wage slips will probably need to be seen at some point.

You cannot claim as a single person when you are part of a couple - to do so would be fraudulent. Thread closed.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Hi,

If your partner doesn't agree for you to apply for any benefits and refuses to assist although you such as getting bank statements or wage slips employee information, which you are entitled too by law can this stop you for claiming? Basically do they have to agree or you won't get benefits?

Thanks.

if you are applying for a means tested benefit, then the DWP/LA will need to assess the income of both you and your partner - if you and your partner refuse or fail to provide sufficient evidence to establish your entitlement to the benefit, it is highly likely that your claim may be refused

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Firstly having read your previous thread regarding partner / wife ringing and reporting you for fraud I must say I am perplexed as to what you are actually trying to do.

Like mentioned above benefits such as JSA & HBare means tested and work on your household income. Not quite sure what happens if your finances are completely separate but to be honest I think you need to sort the situation out prior to applying. Why is your wife / partner objecting to you applying for benefits?

You will have to claim contrubtion based JSA then if she won't supply you with the information a legitimate claim for Income Based JSA would never be processed for payment and I noticed your previous thread was closed as it appeared you were asking how to mak a fraudulent claim.

Are you still living together as husband and wife?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

• 3 weeks later...

If you are still a couple and living together then yes of course you will have to declare any earnings and or savings heldf by your partner, if they refuse to provide the information your claim for JSA will simply be closed as information requested not supplied. Sorry but as a couple you are both obliged to provide the information and if they won't provide te information then the DWP/JCP won't pursue or obtain the information on your behalf.

You will need to sit down and have a conversation together as to why the application needs to be made and what or what won't happen if they dig their heels in.

Is it your first appointment? If it is then you may receive a call from an FA to confirm that the information is correct and to advise what documents will be required at the first meeting (e.g ID, bank statements, payslips) to allow the claim to be sent off after your attendance for the claim to be processed. If there are any additional areas to be looked at then you will see the FA in the office firstly for 10 minutes before seeing your advisor to agree a job seekers agreement.

You will also sign the customer statement (claim form completed by the initial telephone call or online application).

yes. you will be asked if you have worked previously or how you have supported yourself financially during the last 6 months prior to your claim. if you worked in the last 6 months you will be asked about the reasons that your job ended and you may have additional paperwork to complete about this if you left voluntarily.

• 2 weeks later...

They won't stop a conts only based claim however if you named your spouse on the claim forms then the spouse will be named on the benefit record as the partner. You will need to advise them that you are no longer living with a partner. You will also need to provide them with a change of address if you claimed JSA prior to moving in with your parents.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

• 4 weeks later...

I heard from someone that new laws are coming in from the government possibly in December or the New Year that the Job Centre will not pay any money for rent or mortgage repayments and they may a big may replace it with an allowance they give you, but with the Euro about to crash its not looking good next year.

Anyone read or heard similar?

I heard from someone that new laws are coming in from the government possibly in December or the New Year that the Job Centre will not pay any money for rent or mortgage repayments and they may a big may replace it with an allowance they give you, but with the Euro about to crash its not looking good next year.

Anyone read or heard similar?

Oh I hope not, that would put a lot of people out on the streets, and a lot of Councils and private rental companies in financial trouble.

Lilly