Wrongful Arrest?

pompeyfaith
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Helford,

Thank You yes this I will be doing soon as I have sought advice from a solicitor.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hi Pompey

You were certainly born lucky!!

Just read through and it only confirms my view that 90% of the police are arrogant bullies who talk down to you as if you were a cretin and who are tremendously brave when dealing with the elderly and the infirm--you should perhaps count your blessings that you were in a car in Hampshire and neither a Brazillian electrican on the London Underground or a newspaper vendor trying to make his way home close to the area where a rally had just taken place.

First thing Monday is to go to your GP and get checked over as that kind of treatment to a person in your state of health is totally unwarranted and could possibly have a detrimental effect on your future well being.

If there are any marks or abrasions to your wrists from being handcuffed then a photographic recording should be made.

Whilst fresh in your mind you should write down all that happened as should your son and anyone else that was with you.

As others have said a strongly worded complaint to the senior officer at the station to which you were taken should be made as soon as possible --I'd want to do it in person as then this senior officer would be able to see how your physical health presented and that immediate restraint by why of handcuffing was totally uncalled for.

If you are anything like me you'll still be seething with anger and have steam emitting from your ears!!

If the cost of obtaining legal advice is prohibitive at the moment bearing in mind the expense with your dog then an approach to a civil liberties group might give you an indication of how to proceed.

If you cant find a legal aid solicitor, it might be worth phoning Liberty to find out where you stand legally.

0845 123 2307 or 0203 145 0461

Monday and Thursday 6.30pm - 8.30pm

Wednesday 12.30pm - 2.30pm

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

middenmess, Thank You for the good advice and yes it has affected me badly could not sleep wednesday or thursday night i am at the moment getting by on cat naps just so stressed by it all my right wrist is still swollen and painful and yes i was no treat to them at all so why why why still cant sleep now as yes im so angry i had no police record that i was proud of now that is wreaked i was hope to do voluntry work in the new year but now that is hard with a record

Edited by pompeyfaith

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

thanks kip i will

oh and the cell i was put in it stunk of **** disgraceful

Just re-read your first post..

Were you formally cautioned and arrested at the scene under P.A.C.E. before being handcuffed and manhandled into their vehicle?

This whole matter needs sorting as I believe that the caution you accepted at the station will be declarable on your car insurance application next year will might mean an increase in premium as well as having other implications like your proposed charity work.

Brings to mind Patmas epic thread which involves a police caution

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-consumer-issues/167970-locked-car-park.html

looking at yor initial post you informed the cop that you were a recent stroke casualty and from his reply wich was not particularly too clever he new about it

did he inform the custody officer of your recent ill health as pace requires them to call a doctor to assess if your fit enough to be interviewed

just a thought

Edited by 23sopwith
crap gramer and forgot a bit

Just re-read your first post..

Were you formally cautioned and arrested at the scene under P.A.C.E. before being handcuffed and manhandled into their vehicle?

This whole matter needs sorting as I believe that the caution you accepted at the station will be declarable on your car insurance application next year will might mean an increase in premium as well as having other implications like your proposed charity work.

Brings to mind Patmas epic thread which involves a police caution

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-consumer-issues/167970-locked-car-park.html

Agreed as even a caution can have a devastating effect on a persons life such as obtaining credit, a mortgage, insurance & in particular foreign travel all of which will require you declare it

No this was done at the station

did he inform the custody officer of your recent ill health as pace requires them to call a doctor to assess if your fit enough to be interviewed

Again No but I did not ask ether to be honest everything seemed to rush by so quick I was totally confused by it all and way out of my depth as i have never been in a situation like this before.

One thing is certain though i now do not hold the police in the respect i once gave.

Agreed as even a caution can have a devastating effect on a persons life such as obtaining credit, a mortgage, insurance & in particular foreign travel all of which will require you declare it

Yes Jon this is what worries me the most.

They totally took advantage of my illnesses and disabilities if they were so sure i commited an offence they would of charged not give me a caution and then give me a lift home of some 25 miles.

PF

Hi PF

What a dreadful saga, first things first.......... and speed is of the essence as boys in blue do close ranks pretty sharpish - letter by rec del to police chief for the region you were pulled in. Short and to the point, detail date and time and request that he/she ensures that video evidence from unit is held for inspection and awaiting request for all data from your appointed legal representative.

You don't need to say anything more to them at this point but you must make them aware that they are now under notice to procure all video records and save until such time that they are legally obliged/enforced to produce in evidence.

Hiya middenmess,

Thank You yes I feel better now and ready to fight this I am not a criminal never have been I respect the laws of this land for the good of others.

When I had my stroke operation on the 16/04/1990 and recovered I felt a very lucky man having been given a second chance and decided that when the time was right I would do my bit for society.

I have run the great south run for stroke.org a couple of years ago found my love in animals had two wonderfull children.

Can you see what i am getting at that event just was not me and i will fight this as it will have a big effect on my life at a time when all i want is peace.

As I say I was hoping to do voluntary work for charity in 2010 I just hope that this will not wreak my chance.

PF

Gezwee,

Good point I will get a letter posted tomorrow and also make my complaint here

Hampshire Constabulary: Making A Complaint To The Professional Standards Department

PF

Hi PF

Been there and done it....... totally different circumstance, eldest son 'copped' a beating one night in town and was 'disappeared' for 3 hours.

CCTV evidence was top of the briefs wish list and requested at hour 4!

No publicity with this lot means no publicity me thinks, suffice to say we settled out of court via legal aid at 16k, son had/has more cash than me thats for sure.

Gez

From Experience.

If you want to see a senior officer when going into police station, Tell them you wish to make a complaint and would like to see the INSPECTOR who is on duty. They should have 2, Don't let them give you the Sargeant in charge of the officers that dealt.

I have had 1 officer get a written warning and 6 senior officers reprimanded for failing in there duty.

I also have a good London Solicitor if you need one

I also have a good London Solicitor if you need one

Thats a good point, I know we can't state sols on here but having said that we had a good experience with ours. Ours is in Kent but they may have a partner down your end of the country. Were very good and spot on with all advice they offered and quick to react as soon as they had the initial call. Let me know if you want to look them up and I'll PM you their details.

Gez

Hi PF

Been there and done it....... totally different circumstance, eldest son 'copped' a beating one night in town and was 'disappeared' for 3 hours.

No publicity with this lot means no publicity me thinks, suffice to say we settled out of court via legal aid at 16k, son had/has more cash than me thats for sure.

Gez

If its the same force contact the OP via PM & let them know then their solicitor can use your experience to add weight to theirs;)

Another point is my dog who was recovering from aestheticism in the back of my car with my son who was watching here.

They said and I quote " I do not care about your dog"

she was bundled into the back of a volvo v70 and taken to another police station 5 miles from where i live why could they not have taken her home where my wife could of given her the care she needed.

That quote is disgusting to say the least and it did stress me out quite a bit and from that point because of that remark my dog is all i could think about and was the reason why all i wanted to do is get home.

PF

Hi PF

Gez

Don't want to go off thread, but well done in getting the money.

We proved my case against them, and got a next to nothing

Hi PF,

Totally disgusted. I believe you need to at least get them to withdraw the caution. the thing about a caution is that you are you asked (usually) to accept it it, therefore an admission of guilt.

I hope this gets sorted the way it should be and that truth prevails.

all the best and good luck

M

Don't want to go off thread, but well done in getting the money.

We proved my case against them, and got a next to nothing

Hi Sully, without dipping too far into PF's own case, whether criminal or civil law there is still a need to evidence assault, damage or loss. In sons case a medical report by the forces appointed gp showed broken jaw and concussion after arrest - I honestly can't post up too much info but suffice to say munching on a burger on CCTV 2 seconds prior to 'arrest' would not evidence much in the way of jaw damage pre arrest and was pretty damning of their actions.

Out of court settlement was reached, so I guess publicity was worth far more to them than reaching a legally argumented result.