Personal Injury Claim against Local Authority

bgqs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My 2 year old son tripped over a raised paved area yesterday whilst at the local community council. The condition of the paving is in a bad state and I am going there today with a ruler and pen to take some pictures.

My son sustained a head injury which required a visit to A+E for x-rays and stitches. The wound is approx. 3 inches long and is quite deep.

He is obviously extremely traumatised about the whole ordeal and I am sure that he will never forget the accident. There will be a permanent scar left on the wound has healed.

After today, I will have the following information to substantiate my claim:

• Photographs of the location where the incident occurred.
  • Photographs of the Injuries sustained
  • Hospital Incident Logs (can be obtained if required by a court)

My questions are as follows:

• Is this a claim worth pursuing the council for ?
  • Should I open direct dialogue with them first or go to a Solicitor ?
  • As my Child is only 2 years old, what compensation could be claimed as obviously there would be no loss of earnings on his or our part ?
  • What is general compensation value (General Damages) for an injury of this nature ?

I have never prepared a personal injury claim before and am well aware that this area is a minefield regarding legalities etc.

I want to make sure that I start the procedure correctly without prejudicing my claim later down the line.

Thanks

Claims:

bgqs v Barclays (Claim No.1) - Claim Issued 16/3/07 Await Defence to be Entered - Data Protection Act Non-Compliance - *WON

bgqs v Barclays (Claim No.2) - Prelim Letter Sent (Charges + s.68 Interest) - 16/3/07 - *WON

bgqs v Halifax - Prelim Letter Sent (Charges +C.I Interest) - 16/3/07 - *WON

*Paid Deposit on New House with my Winnings !

I would suggest seeking legal advice before approaching the council. Try to get a recommendation for a solicitor experienced in personal injury claims rather than pick someone out of the phone book. If you can't get a recommendation, go for a smaller local firm.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I think that will be my first port of call.

Claims:

bgqs v Barclays (Claim No.1) - Claim Issued 16/3/07 Await Defence to be Entered - Data Protection Act Non-Compliance - *WON

bgqs v Barclays (Claim No.2) - Prelim Letter Sent (Charges + s.68 Interest) - 16/3/07 - *WON

bgqs v Halifax - Prelim Letter Sent (Charges +C.I Interest) - 16/3/07 - *WON

*Paid Deposit on New House with my Winnings !