You want car wash ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im currently in communication with a customer service executive at Tesco regarding the car wash folk that wander their car park shouting 'Car wash' at you each and every time you get out you park up to shop.

I mentioned I goto Tesco twice a day to get breakfast then lunch and each time I get asked 'Car wash'. Tesco replyed with:

we have found that customers generally don't have a problem with being asked if they want their car washed,

I would like to know if anyone else here gets the same thing and would you rather they stood quietly and if you wanted a car wash you would ask or do you not mind being asked each time you pulled up ?

I actually quite like tesco so im not out to slag them off but this whole car park thing does wind me up and im drawing ever closer to becoming a Asda customer, actually scrub that I would never stoop that low to shop in Asda. Im drawing ever closer to becoming a Sainsburys customer just because of this annoyance.

What are your thoughts ?

I can understand it may be annoying, however if they were busy enough to not be asking around then they wouldn't need to advertise in the first place (As they would be raking it in). This is just a form of advertising, its the same as those people in the shopping centres. They annoy me a lot but my view is you don't ask you don't get.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

• 3 weeks later...

You might have asked them if their carpark was a closed drains system and if so how they emptied the waste:p

I am pretty sure the car washing will be releasing pollutants into the drains for which they have no permit

Have this at Asda all the time !!! they even try to direct you to spaces that are convienant for them to wash your car at ! Had one stand in the middle of the one way road once, waving at me, gesturing towards the space with his trolley to wash the cars... just drove at him, soon moved lol

If I wanted my car washed I'd ask, if they kept quiet Id ask... pester I ignore them