£175 per month in charges. Options please?

Allmoo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After several months of trying to get out of a hole with my bank, I’ve given up.

My wages and all our bills are paid into my HSBC account, last xmas I fell well behind with the bills and was consequently levied with charges. These charges amounting to £175 per month are there every month which in turn takes me over the over draft limit for the following month and so on and so on…..

I’ve tried to talk to them both over the phone and at the branch but they refuse to do anything about it or help me.

My wife has suggested that I transfer all the direct debits and my wages to her account with Natwest.

My question is, what happens with my £2000 overdraft?

I don’t have the money to repay it in one go but I’m happy to pay so much per month repay them. What are my options?

Thanks a lot

Al

Hiya Firstly you wifes advice is good move your account if you do not want to use you wifes open another but do this asap before they screw your cra file too much.

Next follow all the advice on here regarding overdraft fees, because despite the supreme court ruling its not over far from it.

You will need to start a court claim to get those fees back but as we speak two top barristers are drawing up the template letters for us to use these should be online in the next two weeks.

So while you are waiting for those move your account to protect your money.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Well once you have moved your accounts and direct debits somewhere else you can then if you wish contact the bank to come to some arrangement.

I would say it would probably be a good idea to pay them something if anything to keep them of your back but only pay what you can afford without leaving yourself short.

Above all remember once you have moved your accounts you are then back in control of YOUR money and not the other way around.

PF

Also by paying something it will look better on you in a Judges eyes if ever they chose to take that action.

Furthmore a Judge would not be happy at all with them bring a claim unjustly which comes under CPR PART 1

Well they could but remember once they do that no further charges or interest can be added.

And also if they do it does not stop you claiming those charges and interest back

In the next 14 days there will be a nice legally written letter you can send them so they will get that before they do close the account.

PF

Yes now we have avram grant I have all the confidence second part of the season things will change and remember positions are still tight in the bottom half.

PF

Make a SAR as soon as poss unless you have all your bank statements, and get started on the spreadsheet to see hpow much they have taken from you for the past 6 years.

Then as others have said wait for the correct template letters to be drawn up (shouldnt be too long)

:madgrin:

move your wages and let them whistle for their overdraft.... put in dispute pending outcome and any abuse of credit file will be fought after charges are proven to be unfair... make notes of any damage credit file causes etc

deluded by thinking pompey will stay up???

too far to travel for away games anyway better night out in newcastle ;-)

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!