philips collection service and the DVLA

moonlandings
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

i was fined by the DVLA £80.00 for not sorn'ing an old moped i'm restoring,

i now have philips collection services chasing me for the £80.00

i must add that the DVLA heve not taken me to court over this matter,

they have just set the dca on to me,

the letter they have sent me is full of 'mays' and 'possibles' like 'possible county court judgement'

and 'your case is about to be allocated to our enforcement department which may result in blah blah'

so should i ignore these dca's or should i just pay the £80.00 and have done with,

i'm on job seekers allowance and can't pay the fine in one lump anyway.

any advice greatly received

Never bite the hand that feeds you, always remember that while you are on this forum you are just a peasant....

It would be better if you just paid them, as much as it angers me to say so, but they won't go away any time soon if you don't:(

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks Bazooka Boo, i dislike paying them as well but i think i will call them eomorrow and offer as little as possible to keep them happy, thanks for your input

ML

Never bite the hand that feeds you, always remember that while you are on this forum you are just a peasant....

Hi Moonlandings

Over a year ago I failed to SORN a vehicle that has been off the road for ages, and after the various reminders etc from the DVLA it eventually went to the DCA.

I was surprised at this as normal traffic stuff like this goes to court.

In my customary manner I ignored it. Up to this point nothing has happened except for a string of chasing letters.

As I have more pressing needs for my cash I have not bothered with it.

You could therefore consider not dealing with the DCA as my experience is they will do nothing except to keep chasing it.

However, I would strongly recommend paying it if you can because it is not a sitaution that will get better over time, but I would go back to the original DVLA demands and pay them direct.

The reason for this is that as a general principle I feel one should not pay DCA's as it only encourages them.

Also, get that moped SORN'ed.

Drive safely!

PS deal with the DCA only in writing, not the phone as you need a proper paper trail.

Call them only if you're prepared to pay the full amount, Offering them a part payment over the phone is not something I would advise, they could simply say 'yeah, we'll accept that' and you'll pay them whatever it is you verbally agreed only to find a few days on another threatogram with not recollection of your call to them.

If you can't pay it/won't pay it all at once I would simply send them what you're prepared to pay them each week or month (shows willing) by recorded delivery and ignore any further threats they make. It may also be worth you requesting a balance in total in your first letter as they may try and stick some sort of costs on to their collection.

They might scream and shout that you're not paying enough but as long as you stick to what you're paying them (postal order would work well, making sure you retain the details of the Postal rder) there is little else they'll probably do for such a small amount.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.