Mrs M Daughter v A&L loan

MandM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter has had 3 loans from the A&L dating Mar 06/ Oct 06 and Feb 07. Obviously the last 2 were taken to pay off the previous ones. Stopped paying the last one in June 08. Wrote to them explaining her situation and told them we would lend her £3000 to pay off her debtors. A&L refused. Usual letters and calls. Went to Global, Sept 08 until Dec 08 then letter from Collect Direct who threatened doorstep call, never turned up. Constant phone calls sometimes quite rude, I told her to stop answering their calls. They even called her old employer even though they were told she had lost her job.

Decided to start looking at the paperwork last month. Sent SAR to them begining of this month and received paperwork back yesterday. I am totally confused. The accompanying data on 1st agreement says insurance taken, have checked the agreement and it is on there, the accompanying data letter with the 2nd says insurance taken but on the agreement it says no insur. The 3rd one says no insur. She says the first loan they told her she would not get it unless she took out the insur.

There is a copy of a letter sent after 1st agreement saying loan can not be processed because box not ticked for insurance.

I am putting up the docs which I think are relevant please could someone have a look and advise next step.

One last thing, my daughter vaguely remembers a letter from last year about her PPi being set off against her debt and was advised to send signed letter back within a certain time, she did not sign concent, but unfortunatley she did not keep the letter and I see no mention of it in the paperwork received.

Should I be asking them to provide all correspondence sent in regard to all the accounts and if yes what sort of letter.

Mrs M

ALagreement.jpg

ALagreement2.jpg

ALagreement3.jpg

ALagreement4.jpg

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Right, first of all DONT PANIC! I do understand your position, but have a peek at my post here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/24016-harassment-phonecalls-can-stop.html#post187303

DCA's (Debt collection agencies) have NO right whatsoever. Whatever you do NEVER open the door to them.

They are the **** of the earth and will always be!

Second, ONLY deal with your bank, NOT the DCA's.

Finally be honest about your position, let them know hwo you can/can't pay them off. At the end of the day, when its dragged into court, then you can be honest to the judje and say "I TOLD THEM".

If the debts are that bad, and under £15000 and you cant afford to pay them off, there is an option. its not a nice one, but you can go for a DRO (Debt relief order). its alot like bankrupsy, but only lasts 15 months. It WILL leave a mark on the credit record, but its an option.

The insolvency guys do that if need be.

Anyway, I hope this helped,

Hugs

Adrian

Thanks for the advice, at the moment we are waiting for other things to come back on PPi in the hopes that it will be offset against the debts that she has got, what i do need to know is if there is anything dodgy about the agreements i have posted up as one of these had PPI tied into it.

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Very strange my daughter got a letter yesterday from Fredrickson International saying she owed Abbey National their client money, the strange thing was the account no: was the same as the A&L acc and the amount was the same, anybody know what could be going on. :???: