Littleme V M&S Can someone please advise on these....document!!

littleme33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

are they charging you the standard £12 default, if so then you should write to m&s and tell them they are charging you unlawful default sums due to their failure to modify the alleged agreement to allow these charges which differ from their original alleged agreement, send it to their data compliance teem and demand the account is removed from credit reference agencies, as all the data relating to that account is incorrect, specify that unless they can supply a compliant signed modifying agreement which allows them to to this that you will report them to the fos and ico.the data must be removed as it is in breach of the data protection act 1998 as they have charged unlawful default sums. merry xmas

Ok thanks for that, does it still apply as i have set up my own repayment plan (no interest) with them i had been paying it for over a year i defaulted when i couldnt keep up the original repayments? They havent sent me a default notice for not paying this time,

Should i SAR them aswell as i am sure i never signed the PPI??

Thank-u

Merry Christmas to u

yes still applicable, sar is up to you and you sometimes dont get the documents you need, bide your time wait for threat of legal action then you can request the required documents under cpr rules, and then they legally have to supply everything you request to see

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Thank you, does anyone know the outcome of ignoring the letter will it be automatically passed back to M&S, don't really want a baliff visit!! Im guessing i need them to threaten court action perhaps? sorry to be abit stupid i am trying to put a brave face on it....although i am alot braver now with all YOUR help!! And trying to absorb all the info you have given me too!

Thank-you, Happy new year

x

Edited by littleme33
wrong reply

In that case M&s should not have passed the debt on to Moorcroft, perhaps for your own piece of mind you should send a quick letter to Moorcroft explaining the position.

Edited by blueda
typo

Hello all,!

Just a query really in light of the test cases in Manchester....regarding my 'dodgy M&S application form' of 2003, which is what i am disputing,

Question is do i still have a case?

I have SAR'd M&S as my credit limit ended up being £10,100 and i earnt that in a year? its the same limit as my sister and she earns 10 times what i earn (lucky wotsit)! I did not receive any notification that my credit limit was going up!! alass getting me in more debt!!

What are your thoughts on this please??

Littleme:)

A lot of people are worried about the test cases; it should only worry you if you are going to be taking the creditor to court (i.e. you're the Claimant and they are the Defendant).

The test cases were ordinary members of the public, using Claims Management Companies, to take their creditors to court over the non production of credit agreements. This usually meant bringing a claim under section 77/78.

The trouble is the Claimant's were then trying to use this in order to turn the CCA in their favour when the CCA was really designed to protect consumers against unfair action by the creditors.

Essentially the burden of proof shifts from the creditor to the debtor... we all know very well that there is some sort of agreement in place (whether enforceable in court or not) because people would not be granted funds from creditors via a loan/credit card.

The test case has proved that Claimants cannot possibly prove no agreement was in existence because they had the benefit of the funds.

Now if you were "defending" action (like you should be and many others on this site) then the burden of proof shifts onto the lender to "prove" that they have all of their documentation in order.

If they haven't then tough luck... the statutes prevent them from enforcement.

So, in all essence, you have a valid defence to any action providing the documents they have provided are all they have. Your best offence is a defence.

Hope this helps.

VJ.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i have received my Sar request back from M&S i have drafted a letter i wonder if you could take a look it may just be aload of rubbish,if so can you give me a few pointers as what to send back

All i received was LOADS of computer statements no original copies just print outs that were put on computer files from 2003-present

Thank-you all:oops:

m&S respsar.doc

tell them they have failed in their duties under sec 55,60,61,62,63,64,78,82,85,87 and 88, non compliance sec 78, unenforceable, non compliance sec 85, unenforceable, non compliance sec 82, breach of contract (had they got one), rendering all default sums/changed interest/limits unlawful, non compliance sec 87, unenforceable, as far as moorcroft is concerned, report them to the oft as their licence is currently under review and are being investigated

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

So this is where i am right now with M&S and Moorcroft, i sar'd M&S and raised a few issues with them concerning Credit limits and D notices etc, and last friday i have received this letter from Moorc**p, do you think i should reply or just sit back and wait........:-|

Basically i think they have just ignored my letter!!

Thank-you in advance!

Littleme

Image0023.PDF

relax, bide your time, wait for next letter, bye the way may i suggest some of your documents you have uploaded on other threads be removed as your personal details are easily read, be careful, you never know whos looking

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Received letter from Moorc**p today 'notice of intended litigation....these are the court costs that will be incurred' etc etc

Shall i file it....i still havent heard back from M&S re the points raised from the SAR about 4 weeks ago!!

:-)