"Plusnet Queries Thread"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I can get it for £5.99 per month if I sign up for a year with free router. It says speed is 4 MB in my area.

I use a laptop. I don't download very much, mainly use email, cag & facebook.

I currently use 3 PAYG dongle which is actually brilliant in my area (except when Man U have a big game!) but it is more expensive than Plusnet as the time only lasts 4 weeks and you use it or lose it.

You can get phone & broadband for £16 per month but I'd probably just get the broadband first and see how it went. Sure they'd let me upgrade later if I wanted to!

Jan

I'm with Plusnet and I'm happy enough. I have no idea if they're good for people who want bells and whistles, I just wanted a broadband service. I chose them because they didn't have a minimum contract term when I signed up so I could try them out with no ties - they do now.

Like you, I went for broadband only at first intending to add the phone in later if I was happy - really should get round to it :)

Thanks Hightail - you can still do it without a contract but as the contract is only 12 months and I think I've seen people on here saying its OK (but can't remember who or where!) thought I may as well do that as it would work out cheaper.

One thing in their favour is that they are a UK call centre if you do have a problem. Normal mode of contact is by email, they call it raising a ticket. I've only had to do it once in the >two years I've been with them and the response was v. good.

About Us

We first started providing Internet access way back in 1997. Dial-up modems and 56k speeds were all the rage back then and YouTube, Facebook and the iPlayer weren’t even a twinkle in their creator’s eyes. Since then the Internet has changed almost beyond recognition and we’ve grown to provide broadband to more than 200,000 customers. We also offer Home Phone and VoIP.

In January 2007 we were bought by BT. Now we run as an independent subsidiary from our offices in Sheffield. There are more than 200 of us working here and in 2008 we were awarded a ‘First Class’ one-star rating in the annual Best Companies to Work For survey.

We talk to our customers about pretty much anything related to broadband over on our Community site, and they can join in the chat on blogs and discussion forums. Our customers also get generous rewards for telling their friends about us.

This approach has helped us win a stack of awards. In 2008 we won Best Consumer ISP at the ISPAs (think Oscars but for the internet industry), been ranked number one in a Broadband Choices survey and won 9 out of 11 categories in the 2008 uSwitch survey.

If you like the sound of Plusnet, have a look at our products and join today.

Bit of info from their website.

• Haha 1

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I hate Talk Talk too cos they rang and pestered me after I'd put my phone number in their site to check the coverage. Didn't ask to be pestered.

Will probably go for the Plusnet then.

plus net are one of the best in the uk they are much better than talk talk and its an english call centre if u need help , and they can sort things much quicker than any of other crap providers like talk talk and bt :)

• Haha 1

Guest Bob Pullen. Plusnet Customer Support

Hi there,

Obviously my opinions of our service would be biased, but if you've any questions about the service then I'd be happy to help.

Rgds,

Edited by Bob Pullen. Plusnet Customer Support

Thanks. I'll probably order it tomorrow on-line. No-one has come on and said anything negative about it.

Need to know how long it would take to be installed if you can answer that without my postcode (roughly will do).

oh, and assume 4 is enough speed for what I want to do?

Your 3 dongle may tell you how much you use... I used to sell t-mobile dongles and they had a section that kept track of how much you downloaded.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

4Mbps will be more than enough. It takes five working days to provision a line.

Good point locutus. I spend the minimum £10 and I never use it all up - I lose about half every month. I think it might be 3 MB I get. Can't check at moment. But anyway, answered my question, 4 is plenty. :)

£5.99 with plusnet gives you 10 gig allowance. (you can download 10 gigabites of data each month)

£10 with three gives you 1 gig allowance. (you can download 1 gigabite of data each month)

Plusnet is up to 8 meg speed (estamated 4 meg speed)

3 dongle is up to 3.6 meg speed (last year in the center of london, got around 1 meg speed acording to a review I read. (t-mobile got consistantly over 1 meg speed... I used to use this fact for comparison when I was selling the t-mobile dongle:lol:) )

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

P.S. bob... can you offer our good friend Jan4a a discount? :lol: :lol:

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

3 dongle is up to 3.6 meg speed (last year in the center of london, got around 1 meg speed acording to a review I read. (t-mobile got consistantly over 1 meg speed... I used to use this fact for comparison when I was selling the t-mobile dongle:lol:) )

It is amazing how mobile broadband differs! T Mobile is a complete waste of time in my area!! Vodaphone is a bit slower than 3 but is expensive (although it doesn't run out, you get to use it all), 3 is brilliant and cheapest. If anyone ever wants to know what its like in their area - ignore the statistic sites, just ask the local schoolkids as they all seem to use them.

I was getting confused with the speed - Plusnet is 4 meg in my area but that will be fine for me.

I'll sort it tomorrow. A discount on £5.99? I'll be lucky! ;) I was going to ask if any current customers wanted to recommend me but they only get 25p a month off their current bill as I'm starting with the minimum one.

Jan

4Mbps will be more than enough. It takes five working days to provision a line.

Thanks, only just seen that.

But, just been looking on various review sites and people are saying they're getting low speeds recently - I think I'll still go ahead but on a monthly basis first.

Jan

well jan im hoping u havent signed with plusnet

i did a short while ago and im regretting it,

be aware that plusnet throttle there speeds during the day and in the evening its like having dialup..

check there forums rantsandraves section or search google there are a lot of disapointed plusnet customers out there

im on an 8meg account my line can handle 7 meg, i get less than 1meg daytime and dialup speeds in the evening,i cant game or whach streaming video,downloads that should take mins take hours, and iv had a ticket on this for weeks and nothings happened, it seems to be the norm with plusnet ATM...

plusnet would be a no no from me if anyone asked

On the other hand, signing up for a month-by-month contract at least you're not tied to it if the speeds are super low.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Have signed up month by month so will let you know how I get on. remember I'm used to a dongle so anything will probably be better in comparison. I don't do gaming or much uploading so hopefully I will be OK!

I did see other comments about speed but I don't know which areas they're about. I'm less than a mile away from the exchange so don't know if that will make a difference?

Anyway I'll post and let you know in a couple of weeks, they say it takes a while to "settle in"

I can't get cable, I hate BT and Talktalk so thought I'd try these.

Jan

hi jan

i can see my exchange from my bedroom window, but im a heavy user, which is why i like unlimeted accounts.

well if your a light user, a little surfing, emailing and that sort of thing ,it may be great for ur needs,

hope it all goes well for U

*pupit*

• 2 weeks later...

I am having problems with Talktalk as according to plus net they will not give them authroisation to take my phone over.

I decided to leave talk talk because their services was appalling and I have been without broadband now for 6 weeks.

According to pluse net talktalk are the worse in giving authorisation for people to leave them..

On the 17 November, I signed up with plus net to take over my as my new provider as I had been with talktalk for over 2 years and my contract that I had taken out with them was for 18 months which had obviously expried, also I was getting a very worrying amount of [problem] calls. After many calls to plus net I finally got a date for my package to be taken over by them on 16th December. On the 16 December, I got a message from plus net saying now that the take over will not take place now until 30 December. After a lengthy discuss with plus net on the phone, I was told that they made a mistake and it was 16th when they got authorisation to do the take over. Now, I got it is writing from plus net that they were definately going to do let me have my new package with them on 16th December, I am now very scepital about plus net...... are they in choots with talk talk and they are working together.

Plus net confirmed as other providers that talke talk have their own equipment in BT exchange, as they and most ther provider rent the lines from BT.

I am consdering now in cancelling my order with plus net as this is far too long that they are taking in providing any kind of service.:mad:

Hi Allwood,

Sorry to hear about your problems. :(

If you message me your username then I'll take a look at your account if you like and see if there's anything I can do to help?

Best Rgds,

Bob Pullen

Plusnet Customer Support

Edit: have signatures been turned off on this forum? They appear when I preview my replies but not in the finalised versions?

Your post needs to be a certain length before the signature shows, and only 1 post will show it per thread. Hope this helps :)

Bob Pullen

Plusnet Customer Support

community.plus.net

to

C.A.G. Toolbar