Please help - not sure what steps to take

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a number of credit card debts which stupidly I used a Debt financial management service to help me. T

hey told the debts would probably be unenforceable as they were all opened pre 2006 and the banks would probably not have the paparwork.

I stupidly paid this company to do all of the correspondance for me as I am useless at that sort of stuff.

This was 18 months ago and things were going fine,

they did all of the paperwork I just sent them copies of letters I had received

and they sent the necessary letter.

None of the credit card companies have so far come up with a signed agreement.

However I have this week received a number of letters from new DCA's and I forwarded them onto this company who now appear to have closed.

(or done a runner). I now need to take this on myself as the DCA'a are threatening doorstep collections.

Can some one please advise what I should do now?

Should I send off a fresh request for the credit agreement

or just a letter stating that the request has been sent but no agreement has been produced?

Any help would be really appreciated.

I know I did a stupid thing and trusted these people but at the time I did not know this forum existed else I would have tried to do this myself.

I also have a number of defaults from these credit card agencies and the DCA's for the same debt, can I ask for these to be cleared?

Thanks

skybluechic

Send the CCA requests again, that way you'll know exactly where you are. Then as you get them back if you start a new thread for each one things won't get confusing & we'll be able to advise the best route to take.

The template letters are here; The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Send the CCA to whoever is begging for your money. ;)

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If they haven't replied by the time you get back you can put the a/c in dispute no problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]