Welcome

ozzywizard
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had enough of welcome.

to make this as short as possible, I did a rewrite of my secured loan for £18.104.00 about 7-8 months ago... repayment on contract and all paperwork was 137 but they took 139 DD out of my bank each month, after first payment I phoned them up to ask why and they said they lost agreements and entered it on computer what they thought to be correct. after 5 months and no resolution apart from them saying it is being dealt with I cancel the direct debit. I have had heaps of calls saying they are doing a new contract and sorting it but nothing ever happens. so sending below letter. what you think ?

Dear sir/madam

Can I officially request you read through my notes on my account and be aware of the dispute between myself and Welcome finance I have made every effort to resolve this over the phone with your representatives but to no avail so now I feel I have no alternative but to put this account into official dispute and escalate it to the financial ombudsman service unless a full and clear resolution is met by both parties in the next 14 days.

During the last few months I have been in regular dialogue working towards a resolution but the service received has been a disgrace, I have been falsely promised call backs and each time I phone back myself with a good understanding manner, I have been informed my contract was entered incorrectly on the computer adding over 800 pounds to my loan so my first 5 direct debits were higher than the agreed amount specified. Then I receive a notice of default to the arrears of 834.78 (today on the phone I am advised this amount is due to my payments made being reversed so not applied on my account) stating that my balance is 19,124.17 which is incorrect as at time of contract outstanding is 18104.89.

How we can resolve this issue and move forward.

1) Rewrite my contract and send me a copy, the figure should be minus the 5 payments of 139.00 made on the account.

2) Due to this issue it has caused me to miss 2 going on 3 payments of 137.00 so please integrate this into the rewrite so my new contract is not starting off in arrears.

3) Remove all charges that may have been applied on my account during this dispute.

4) Set up a new direct debit to continue payments for the monthly repayments giving 4 weeks’ notice of the first payment.

I look forward to your response within 14 days and hope our professional relationship can be restored. If not be aware I will post to yourselves my CCA giving a further 14 days notice for a copy of all contracts and my subject request giving 40 days notice for all information relating to myself.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't do a rewrite without a bit of investigation as to what they have done, rewrites almost always put you in a worse situation.

If they don't have your agreement, they can't collect.

• 2 weeks later...

No reply yet from the above letter but yesterday had a phone call from the local branch, after the 2 hour and 10 mins call I am mentally drained with these people, without typing a huge dialogie I will give an overview of the call to be terrible customer service, abusive and a form of mental bullying making implications that I was thick and could not manage my own finances so I needed them to manage them for me and I should send in all my statements and ingoings to them and they can decide how much I should pay.

All this started because I did a rewrite with them and for 5 months they took too much out of my bank and during the 5 months I phoned them dozens of times to get it ammended but to no avail so i cancelled the direct debit and now it has took them 3 months to rectify and my account has not been paid for 3 months.

Ive decided not to discuss another thing on the phone and send them the telephony act letter. also going to send CCA and SAR. also an offer of payment of 208 a month which clears the debt in 6 months as regular payments is 137. . .its anoying im in this position as they over collected by 5 pounds every months for 5 months due to them inputting it on their comp in error.

Thanks Abi, I know all the benifits of putting everything in writing and should know never to discuss on phone but at times phone just seems the quickest option and due to my thirst to want a resolution and be able to just put it behind me and know it is taken care off I do engage in conversation on the phone, guess I am just too trusting that the person on the end of the phone will actually care and get everything put right in understanding my position and actually read through the notes on my account and actually sympaphise the bad service allready received. in the age of customer awareness I would not of concidered this too much to ask for. but 2 hours and 10 mins on the phone with an absulute *** who claimed to be the branch manager and took an horrid manipulative attitude tells me this company is not capable of the above.

I wish I could complain but she was branch manager i think so complaint would go to her right ? .

I will do the CCA and SAR and telephony letter this weekend and if anyone can help out with a complaint letter it would be appreciated.

Oh thats great Sol, thanks. . . . would you need to add freepost if it goes recorded delivery ? . . .

Yes you would as it's a freepost address, but the cost will be cheaper as you're only paying for the recorded part, not the postage.

Just an update.

Today sent the CCA request, SAR, and also the telephone harrasment letter. Oh and a complaint letter that mentions the 2 hour conversation with my local branch and the fact it has took them 8 months to still not resolve the complaint.

4 letters sent, I will update when I get a reply if any . .

Hi Sol

Its Only Freepost If The Business Reply Number Is Printed On The Envelope

Welcome Will Just Get A Card From Royal Mail Saying Not Enough Postage And Welcome Will Ignore

No it's not, I've used that all the time and they've received it! As long as you put the freepost code on it, they'll get it.

Just an update.

Today sent the CCA request, SAR, and also the telephone harrasment letter. Oh and a complaint letter that mentions the 2 hour conversation with my local branch and the fact it has took them 8 months to still not resolve the complaint.

4 letters sent, I will update when I get a reply if any . .

Quick question about CCA requests.

I have 2 'agreements' with WF (I know, I was young and stoooopid!!!) but when I sent a CCA request, only one set of details were sent back. The 'agreements' I have don't seem to have account numbers on, so i just gave my name and address (and i have been at the same address all the time). So, do they have to supply details of ALL 'agreements', and by only sending the one are they in breach of my request???

Anyone?

(Sorry for briefly hijacking thread)

Does anyone know if welcome allow a standing order for payments of secured loan ? . I am now 3 months behind with my payments due to them taking too much every month for 5 months, when they made no effort to resolve out of frustration I cancelled my direct debit, I really do not want to setup another direct debit as I want to be in charge and set up a standing order so I can specify what is paid. I have offered the arrears to be split over 6 months although I do not think this will be acceptable to them, I am not making another offer.

It is so annoying that the overpayments I gave them they will not return but will intergrate into loan but will not intergrate the arrears lol.

Local welcome manager muppet . . .

the contract was signed for 137 but they monthly took 139 out of my bank for 5 months.... they said it was their error as they entered somthing incorrectly on their computer (not sure what) I was not to bothered about 2 pounds a month but was concerned about my account not being in order. after 20 calls over 5 months I felt no other option but to cancel my direct debit to shake them up to resolve. still now 3 months after the 5, no resolution.

Anyway, they want the 3 months arrears in 5 days, but they refuse to send me an over payment as "it just comes off the loan"...

Ive not received one on either account I have sent them for :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool: