1400 for a pair of hearing aids that regularly failed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6514 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a pair of hearing aids (60%loss) in 2001 with a 3 year guarantee. Now after the 3 years they failed each side pretty much every 6 months or so, this would cost 69 a time to sort out. Obviously this is very distressing because if the right hand side goes i have to rely on my weaker left side which means i have great trouble hearing people.

Now they are in the ear hearing aids, so are susceptible, to damp, wax and sweat etc so every time i bought them in to the retailer, this was the excuse for them failing. I accepted this as i thought "well they re out of the 3 year guarantee so there s not much to be done"

I think these excuses are used by the retailer as they re used to selling hearing aids to grannies, but I m 28 i work in a music shop, go to the gym and generally lead a very active and noisy life. If these hearing aids are made of straw then why did they sell them to me. Dont get me wrong they re amazing hearing aids but the reliability of them was awful.

But the sale of goods act says "reasonable and fit for the purpose" for 6 years is it?

Now one of them has failed again and now they want 95 to repair it! I m so upset by this that i ve got to fork out yet again at a £26 price increase!

What do you reckon, i would like to sue them under the sale of goods act but i reckon it could get quiet messy. I basically just want a repaired hearing aid that i dont have to spend 95 to have my right side hearing back

1290 back from the Halifax have it you scumbags