Need Help BRYAN CARTER & CO!!!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a court paper from Sept which i recently found again. In the meantime it has been to court or so i am lead to believe. I have a little problem with this and you guessed it it's Bryan Carter & Co Solicitors. The original court paper is for the sum of £679.89 inc court fee and solicitors costs. The second paper is dated ctober this year and it has increased to £701.89. This particular paper is from the same court but it's a photocopy and the stamp from the court is completely different to the first. Sum 5 days later i recieved a letter from the solicitors direct asking me to contact them which i did. all they basically said was either pay up or see you in court and the person i spoke to was abrupt, rude and very aggressive. Can anyone please give me some advice on what to do i'm at my wits end with this.

There is not enough information in your post to enable us to give accurate advice.

What are these "court papers"? Are they just threats or an actual N1?

If you were served with an N1 in September Carter will have Judgment in Default by now.

Please tell us EXACTLY what these papers are, when you received them, and what has happened, in chronological order.

SH

No the paperwork was lost so i didnt aknowledge it or submit a defense. I presume there was a hearing as he sent this photocopy of the N30 to me. When i rang they said i would need to contact the court for a copy of the original agreement and that it would cost me £75.00. Then they said it wouldnt get to me in time so just pay up or else basically. he then laughed and promptly put the phone down on me.

No the paperwork was lost so i didnt aknowledge it or submit a defense. I presume there was a hearing as he sent this photocopy of the N30 to me. When i rang they said i would need to contact the court for a copy of the original agreement and that it would cost me £75.00. Then they said it wouldnt get to me in time so just pay up or else basically. he then laughed and promptly put the phone down on me.

Carter has obviously managed to get Judgment in Default here, so all you can do is apply to have the Judgment set aside. See here -

Debt Factsheets - How to set aside a Judgment in the County Court

You will need a good reason as to why you think the judgment should be set aside (who lost the papers?), and a realistic chance of submitting a successful defence.

Have you seen the agreement relating to this alleged debt? Did you ever receive a default notice?

SH