HMCS No Bail Warrant - But for what??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a letter posted through my door yesterday without an envelope, saying the following:

DO NOT IGNORE THIS NOTICE

I AM IN POSSESSION OF A NO BAIL WARRANT FOR YOUR ARREST

IT IS IN YOUR OWN INTEREST TO SURRENDER AT WIGAN MAGISTRATES WARRANT OFFICE AT 10AM ANY WEEKDAY.

It will be considered favourably by the court if you surrender yourself rather than being arrested by the Court Officers.

IF YOU DO NOT SURRENDER YOU WILL BE ARRESTED YOU COULD BE HELD IN CELLS OVERNIGHT. YOUR CREDIT RATING COULD ALSO BE AFFECTED.

THIS IS YOUR FINAL CHANCE TO AVOID ARREST

COURT ENFORCEMENT OFFICE:

Contact telephone number:

0161 830 4266

(scribbled at the top of the letter was my name and 405.00 - which I assume is the amount owed)

My problem is that I have NO idea why or where this warrant has come from. The only clue I have is that in 2003, I rented a room when I was a student and a few years later after I had moved on, I received a council tax bill for the entire house.

After going backwards and forwards with the council giving them student exemption certificates and proof of earnings etc, I eventually received a bailiff at the door claiming for 2 lots of council tax fines. I posted my problem on here and within two days you guys had solved my problems and dealt directly with the bailiffs.

I am so scared to go home tonight. I am 6 months pregnant and am classed as high risk. This is the last thing I need right now. I just can't see how it has become at no bail warrant. I am desperate for some advice. I simply do no thave the £400 to pay them off. I will ring the number on the base of the letter but wanted to know where I stand.

Many thanks in advance, Claire x

I had a letter posted through my door yesterday without an envelope, saying the following:

DO NOT IGNORE THIS NOTICE

I AM IN POSSESSION OF A NO BAIL WARRANT FOR YOUR ARREST

IT IS IN YOUR OWN INTEREST TO SURRENDER AT WIGAN MAGISTRATES WARRANT OFFICE AT 10AM ANY WEEKDAY.

It will be considered favourably by the court if you surrender yourself rather than being arrested by the Court Officers.

IF YOU DO NOT SURRENDER YOU WILL BE ARRESTED YOU COULD BE HELD IN CELLS OVERNIGHT. YOUR CREDIT RATING COULD ALSO BE AFFECTED.

THIS IS YOUR FINAL CHANCE TO AVOID ARREST

COURT ENFORCEMENT OFFICE:

Contact telephone number:

0161 830 4266

(scribbled at the top of the letter was my name and 405.00 - which I assume is the amount owed)

My problem is that I have NO idea why or where this warrant has come from. The only clue I have is that in 2003, I rented a room when I was a student and a few years later after I had moved on, I received a council tax bill for the entire house.

After going backwards and forwards with the council giving them student exemption certificates and proof of earnings etc, I eventually received a bailiff at the door claiming for 2 lots of council tax fines. I posted my problem on here and within two days you guys had solved my problems and dealt directly with the bailiffs.

I am so scared to go home tonight. I am 6 months pregnant and am classed as high risk. This is the last thing I need right now. I just can't see how it has become at no bail warrant. I am desperate for some advice. I simply do no thave the £400 to pay them off. I will ring the number on the base of the letter but wanted to know where I stand.

Many thanks in advance, Claire x

I am certain that this is an outstanding Magistartes Court Fine. This would have nothing at all to do with arrears of council tax.

At the moment try not to panic. You need to urgently telephone Wigan Magistrates Court and ask to be connected to the fines office. You will need to explain about the letter and they will ask for your full name and date of birth and hopefully this will enable the fines office to see what this fine relates to.

If you did not receive a summons for this offence then it is a very simple matter indeed for you to complete a Statutory Declaration. The court will provide a copy for you. Can you post back once you have spoken to the court.

A Statutory declaration will "rewind the offence" and the fine and bailiff charges will be cancelled and the court will then reisssue a new summons at your present address.

In your telephone conversation you MUST ADVISE THE FINES OFFICE OF YOUR PREGNANCY !!

Yes this makes sense, when the bailiff came to the door with the fines a few months back, he said it was failure to provide information to the council in 2004 regarding my student & employment status.

After being advised on this site, I filed a statutory declaration to the court a few months ago. I was not aware of the debt and they were claiming had failed to provide information on 2 occasions, both of which were in a month of each other. On these grounds the bailiffs were called off, however since then, the council put an attachement on my earnings and I am currently paying off the council tax from the property where I was a student. :-(

So do I ring the number on the letter as that seems to be a solicitors in Manchester? Or do I ring Wigan direct?

Many Thanks, Claire x

UPDATE

I rang the magistrates court as suggested and was told to send a covering letter and a letter from my doctor saying that I am unfit to attendcourt as I am a high risk pregnancy to them asap. The warrent will still stand as will the fines which are for "failure to provide information to the council tax"?? However, they will pass this infomation to the court and then mae a decision.

I am still non the wiser what to do next. I have just had a major panic attack as the avon girl knocked at the door an I thought it was the police. I am so scared. I rang the doctors to book an appointment and I completely broke down to the receptionist. The doctor will sort out my letter but I am not sure what to put in the cover note?

Do I give up and agree to pay a set amount each week? Or do I fight my grounds? I really cannt cope with all he stress at the moment. I need to put my baby first. Many thanks in advance, Claire x

PERSONALLY I would go and see a solicitor. it is free for an hour appointment though most of that is spent filling in legal aid forms

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth