Ernest Jones - Breach of Contract?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently went into an Ernest Jones store to obtain a replacement part for a watch of mine, I provided them with the part number of the item that I wanted and they proceeded to contact the manufacturer and confirm that it was available.

After a week I chased and found that they had received confirmation that they could obtain the part and that it should be here within two weeks at a cost of £12.65. After numerous issues and chasing them I received a call today to tell me it had finally arrived at a cost of £330.

I told him that he must have the wrong part, he checked again and found he had been sent the incorrect part and that the correct part could be ordered and I would have to wait another three weeks for it and that it would now cost me £65 because they made a mistake previously when they quoted the cost to me.

What I want to know is there any recourse action that I can take against them since they are now claiming that they gave me the wrong price originally? I ordered the item with the correct part number at the agreed price of £12.65.

Ask to speak to the store manager, but first do a little research around the name of the Managing Director. Explain the situation calmly to the store manager and explain if necessary you will take to"insert MD's name" - to seek re-course, but you would rather resolve amicably with the manager.

See how that goes.

Badger

I have contacted Customer Care at head office that took all the details and have attempted to contact the store and do something about it. However it seems they are avoiding resolving the issue. I have to chase them continually for them to reply. I am still hoping that this can be resolved, however I wanted to find out what recourse action can be taking if they do not resolve the issue or they continue to delay such as they are doing?

• 2 months later...