Kerobo Claims - any thoughts?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do No Use Kerobo. They Will Take Your Money And Then You Will Not Here From Them. Under No Circumstances Should You Pay Any Money Up Front For A Company To Claim Back Ppi. I Used Kerobo Last Year And I Had A Very Bad Experience With Them. I Have Only Just Managed To Get My Original Monies Back From Them After A Long Dispute. If Anyone Has Been Ripped Off By Them And Cannot Get Their Money Back Then Go To The Solicitor That Was Dealing With The Claim And Ask Them For A Written Confirmation That They Have Decided Not To Pursue Your Claim. When You Have Received This Take A Copy And Send It To Kerobo With A Letter Stating That You Want Your Original Money Back And Attached Is A Copy Of Proof That The Designated Solicitor Is Not Pursing The Claim. They Will Probably Not Answer Your First Letter. Give Them A Couple Of Weeks, Then Send Another Letter Requesting They Take Action And Refund Your Monies. They May Still Not Reply, Then Send Another Letter And Advise That You Are Aware Of Many Others Who Have Had The Same Dealings With Them And That You Will Have To Take The Matter To The Relevant Authorities If They Do Not Refund Your Money.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I was fooled by these people, the guy that dealt with me first of all was really helpful and kept intouch with me regularly. He told me to pay for my 2 loans and credit card applications on the card I was trying to get wiped out, so I gave them £495 to process one of the loans, they passed it on to their solicitors ATM who sent me all the paperwork to sign, it was only when I called the solicitors to ask some questions that I was told they shouldnt have refered my case because there wasnt enough left on the loan for them to proceed, so I asked for my money back. Its now at the stage where they have till Monday to refund me or I'm taking action against them, the customer service rep sent me an email saying she had sent an urgent email to the managing director to give me my money back, but I havent received it as yet. She knows I have an email from the solicitors confirming that they are not proceeding with the claim. I'll send another letter to them next week telling them that I'm proceeding with court action......we'll see if that works

ANNMAN - You may find it useful to include in the letter you send them that you have been making enquiries regarding their company and have found that you are not the first person this has happened to. Apparently the BBC - Claims Management are also interested in hearing about these type of cases so this may be a bit of useful info for you too. I received my money back because I kept sending letters. They have to give you this money back. Quote the clause in their original letter where they say if the designated solicitor decides not to go ahead with the claim that they will refund your initial monies. Let them know you have all the relevant paperwork to proove this and send them a copy of the email from the solicitor.

DONMIA, Thanks for the advise, I will include that info when I send another letter next week. I did think about contacting BBC Watchdog program also, but you have mentioned BBC claims Management, is it the same thing? I still have a loan and a credit card that I'm going to try and do myself, if I dont feel confident enough to do it myself have you come across any other companies doing this that are genuine?

Annman - Glad To Help. These People Need To Understand That The Reason We Are All Trying To Get Money Back Off Our Credit Cards And Loans Is Because We Don't Have Any Money To Spare And Times Are Hard. All I Can Say Is Under No Circumstances Pay Out Any Money Up Front For A Company To Do This. I Have Been Delving Into This And The Main Message Is Not To Pay Any Upfront Fees. There Are A Lot Of Companies Just Like Kerobo That Are [causing problems] People. If You Type Bbc Claims Management In Your Search Bar, It Will Bring Up The Website For Bbc News. When You Go Into The Website At The Bottom Of The Page Will Be The Option To Report These Companies. This Is What We People Need To Do. The More Complaints The More Chances Something Will Be Done About Them. They Should Not Be Allowed To Continue To Do This. It May Be Useful To Put This In Your Letter - You Are Aware That The Bbc Is Presently Investigating 'claims Companies That Are Exaggerating Debt Success' - Something In Those Sort Of Words. If They Know You Are Aware Of All These Things Then They Would Be Really Stupid Not To Pay You Back Your Money. If I Find Any More Info Out On My Travels Via The Internet I Will Let You Know. Good Luck And Be Nice To Know How You Get On.

Great info abou the BBC Donima, thanks.

I sent the same e-mail to their customer services rep about twenty times in the space of five minutes on Thursday, having tried to get a refund for months.

I got a reply saying that they would process my refund that day, and she would e-mail me with further info.

I then sent a fax explaining how they had failed to keep ANY of their promises, and had breached their own terms and conditions, and gave them fourteen days to refund the money or I'd take them to the small claim court. I also pointed out I had referred them to the Ministry of Justice.

I got a further e-mail saying the money had been refunded to my account, and that it may take 5-7 working days to show up. They even sent me the authorisation code.

There's nothing in the account so far, and I don't actually believe they have refunded my £800.

The quicker they get shut down the better.

ANNMAN - A contact for your Kerobo Claims problems is Nikki Forrest. Her email address is nikki@keroboclaims.co.uk. You may find this a quicker way to correspond with them instead of waiting for the letters to be answered. If everyone who has problems with Kerobo bombard the same person with these emails then this might get the ball rolling quicker.

You will find Solicitors charge the Company you use i. MBNA/Crap one their cost, so who pockets the £ 300+???? Tell you you pay me £300+ I send to a solicitor to sort out. get my point. that is how I see it, + 10/30% after if successful if not they are £300 better off anyway.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

DONMIA.. Thanks, she has emailed me before (after I sent them a letter giving them till today as the deadline before I contact the court,) saying that she has sent an urgent refund notice to the MD and that I should use her as my point of contact in the future and that she would contact me when she had any information......Of course she hasnt contacted me! I think they just fob you off with an email to keep you quiet for a while. Well today was the deadline I had given them when I sent them a letter 2 weeks ago, so I've emailed Nikki Forest today and told her that because they refuse to refund the money they owe me that I shall have it recovered through the small claims court. I also put in the details you sugested about the BBC, and the fact that I have writen confirmation from Kurt McDonnell from the solicitors they use that they are not proceeding with my case. I was hoping not to have to go to the court but if thats what it takes then I will. I am going to go on the small claims web site to see what the procedure is....thanks for the support.

AT LAST!!!! I GOT MY MONEY BACK!!! After many emails this week to Nikki Forest, and a few phone call to her and to my credit card company. She did reply to some of the emails, allbeit to tell me that my money was refunded to me on 23rd Feb, stating the last three digits of a card that belongs to someone, it certainly wasnt mine! so after sending a very sarcastic email back she responded and admitted it was an error on her part and then told me it had actualy been authorised on 1st March. So as I've been checking my account daily and no money had gone in, I called my card company, and told them the situation, and they said they would take proceedings against Kerobo under their Dispute and refunds procedure. So I emailed Nikki telling her this and she said she would send me the proof of the transaction through the post. Not suprisingly 2 days later and still no letter! so I once again called but spoke to Rachael Parkes, she told me it had been authorised now, but there had been some delay because of signitures the other end. I dont know how the refund system work, she could have told me anything and I really wouldnt have known if it was the truth, anywaay I asked her to send me the print out proof so that I could pass it on to my credit card company to stop them taking any further action against Kerobo, that was yesterday and the letter arrived this morning and the refund is showing on my account today. YOU HAVE TO KEEP BOMBARDING THEM WITH EMAILS AND PHONE CALLS!! they want you to give up so they can keep the money.

Righto. An update.

Kerobo have now approved my claim and passed it onto the Solicitors (ATM). I receive a claim oapck from them a couple of weeks ago which I signed and returned. They have just spoken to me to keep me updated and said that they are sending out a letter to EGG next week notifying them of the discrepencies in the agreement and that they will speak to me again when they have a response from EGG.

I have to say that it is so far so good!

I will keep you all updated with any further correspondance!

Hi Guys

Just thought I would add my piece in here. I am currently building a case against Kerobo to expose them as the [problem] artists they are and I have to say the evidence is quite over whelming so far.

I contacted them in regards to a £25,500 loan I had with Central trust. Knowing that the limit for loans protected under the Credit Consumer Act is £25,000 I thought I would see what they would say. After speaking to someone on the phone I was advised I should send the details to them as "you never know". I did send them the info and was curious to what they would come back with.

Surprisingly they came back to me and said I would have a case and that I needed to pay £400 to progress. I paid them the £400 (knowing I would get it back through a small claims court if necessary) as I was curious to how they would d progress with this. Please bear in mind that I already had a copy of the agreement from Central Trust for the loan and in big letters across the top it says Unregulated credit agreement so I knew there was no way a claim could be made on it.

You can imagine my surprise when I received a call stating that they had received a copy of the CCA from Central Trust and that they were pleased to tell me I had a very good case and it had been passed onto a team of solicitors who would contact me in due course and send a claim pack out. So I left them to it. After a few weeks I called ATM Solicitors (who apparently act on behalf of Kerobo) and they said they had my details and would be progressing forward and they were hopeful, so I left them to it.

After a few more weeks I thought it’s time to catch them out. I called up Kerobo claiming to be a new customer and said I had a loan for £25,500 and that I had a copy of the agreement and that it had written on it that it was a non regulated agreement. The guy on the phone instantly told me that they could not help me and there was nothing that I could do about it.

Now the fun begins!

I responded to the guy on the phone by saying 'that’s strange as I am already a customer of yours and this is the exact same loan you are already dealing with and that has been sent to your solicitors as I have a strong case'. Now I have to admit it was rather satisfying to have one of the Kerobo sales guys on the other end of the line totally speechless. He had no idea what to say so I asked to speak to someone more senior.

After being cut off and several attempts to call and several emails I finally managed to speak to the customer service manager. She said that there had been some mistakes and that they would look into it. I informed her that I was not silly and planned this from the beginning and they had failed miserably. I suggested she refund the money and that I would be reporting them. Needless to say she was not amused. After several more weeks of calls and excuses they finally sent a cheque for my refund.

Sorry to go on but I think it is important for people to know how they operate and that I have failed to find one single person who has completed a claim with Kerobo (funny considering they mention that they succeed with 90% of cases). It’s all bull. They will tell you that you have a good case and will tell you what you want to here and will just lead you on and on until you get fed up. I’m guessing they just hope people will give up or are making money on the interest on the funds they receive before they have to refund it.

If you want to know if you have a legitimate claim then either ask on here or go to a legitimate financial solicitor. ATM who act as solicitors for Kerobo are part of the same company and based in the same building and as far as I can tell only employ administrators as I never had the opportunity to speak to a solicitor and if you check online job boards they advertise a lot for admin people.

If you have any other questions let me know and I will do my best to answer. I’m just trying to help people out. I hope this is evidence enough to their tactics and help avoid people handing money over to them.

Thanks for reading.

Hi can I say I really enjoyed reading your experience of Kerobo. Good for you for getting one over on them. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders now I have my money back even though I still have a credit card and a loan to clear that I was going to do through Kerobo, I dread to think how many people have just given up on them and let them keep their money, especially elderly ones, they are often the ones that get ripped off. Any help on clearing the two I have would be very much appreciated, if I could find a company that were genuine, that offered the same as Kerobo claimed they could do, I really would'nt mind paying, but it seems some people have had success at doing it themselves so I'll have to look into it, keep intouch everyone, as we can help each other out.

Hi all

Firstly I apologise for my ramblings but i any of you could help me it would be great.

I started my claim after kerobo contacted me back in august last year. I had correspondence sent from them which consisted of some forms to fill in, with the mis sold loan and PPI details which I did and then I was told after around a week that my claim would be successful due to there being discrepancies on my credit agreement. I then was told that I would have to pay £495 in order for the solicitors audit report to be raised and nothing would be done untill this was paid. I was hesitant to hand over that amount of money and they said it will be refunded should the case be unsuccessful so I asked to pay in installments £50 a month, then next month on I proceeded to pay my £50 and then I had a call saying that they could now drop the price to £250 as they had negotiated with another solicitors Great i thought so I then paid off the remaining £150 the month after in one lump sum and then was told I would get a call back in around 2-3 weeks time...

That time came and nothing, I left it for around another week and then I decided to ring them and they then advised me that the claim was unsuccessful and that I would have to be refunded so I asked how much I was getting a refund or and then I was told that it was £150 I then said well I know I paid £250 so I sent in bank statements showing all 3 payments to kerobo clearly. I never heard from anybody after that then I rang the next monday morning and was told that I couldnt speak to the person who was dealing with my claim anymore as it was finished so it was customer services I needed to speak to, they then told me that I was not getting a refund as the work had been one on the case by the solicitors and there was nothing they or I could do about it??? This is really stressing me out It was clearly stated that should the case be nsuccessful the fee shoud be refunded... I have not had any contact from any solicitors in all of this how am I to know if the case was even put forward to them??

I am sorry for such a long post but I need desperate help how to claim my money back??

All your help is greatly appreciated.

Simon

Hi Simon,

I'm really sorry that this has happened to you, though if you read my other posts regarding Kerobo, they had £800 up front from me.

I had to fight tooth and nail to get the money back. As your situation is different to mine, I would suggest that your nearest CAB could advise in getting the balance back, but I suspect you will have to go to the small claims court as well.

You can download their terms and conditions from their website, so have a close look at them and see if they have breached their contract. From what you say, and from what I recall of them, this might be the case.

Good luck, and fight hard for your money. Keep them under pressure or they will just ignore you.

Just a quick update, I rang ATM solicitors to find that my case was never passed through to them, I then rang kerobo and spoke to who I think is head of customer services they then informed me that they need to request the agreement from my lender to see if they provide them with a copy, if they do send this within the specified time scale then my refund request will be submitted, however if my lender fails to supply kerobo with the agreement my lender are in breach of the consumer credit act and kerobo can use that as my case. does this sound like a stall or does it sound true??

Hmmm ... I went for it with Kerobo on 28th Jan this year. Two credit cards. Big money paid. Now ... people don't return calls and spiv sounding young men use long words they don't know the meaning of.

My wife (who I recommended this marvellous Kerobo company to :eek:) suggested I look on the Martin Lewis website.

Apparently there was a judgement Dec '09. Before that a credit (card) company was in breach if they could not provide - your particular particulars.

The judge in the case disputed Dec 2009, said the credit (card) company need only provide generic particulars.

Getting your money back At least the crook who 'sold' me my service did make sure I paid for it by credit card. If anybody did the same:

SECTION 75 say it once say it twice KEEP SAYING IT. It's the law (parliament, Mr Speaker and all that) that protects purchases paid by credit card.

Martin Lewis' site has FAQ on section 75.

Hi Guys,

Below is an e-mail I received today from my solicitors who were appointed by Kerobo to work on my behalf. It seems that even these guys have had enough of Kerobos lies! For me it seems to be going quite well at the moment! I had to push Kerobo hard to appoint the solicitors but after mant phone calls and e mails they eventually did. The solicitors ATM so far seem quite good. They always answer the phone and answer any questions that I have and they have already written to EGG on my behalf. Hopefully they see the job through!

Regards

We refer to the above claim, which we are dealing with on your behalf.

We are no longer accepting referrals from Kerobo Limited (“Kerobo”). This will not affect how we deal with your case. However other than to advise the case is complete and pay any required referral fee, we will only provide an update to Kerobo on request if you have written to us providing us with written authority to do so.

It has come to our attention that Kerobo have contacted a number of our clients to advise that their claim has been concluded. Further, Kerobo have written to a number of clients without our knowledge or authority offering or selling a legal indemnity policy and suggesting that we may undertake other legal work for them or deal with their case more quickly for payment of a fee. This is not the case.

Please therefore treat any request for further payment with caution and contact us if you have any concerns in this regard. We can confirm that Kerobo do not have our authority to sell legal indemnity or insurance policies on our behalf , they have no authority to use our letterhead and they have no authority to suggest what legal work or otherwise we may undertake for a client or advise a case we are dealing with is complete or will be dealt with more quickly.

If you are contacted by Kerobo , we would be grateful if you could let us know, so that we can take legal action against them should the need arise. You may also wish to make a complaint to the Ministry of Justice.

We apologise for any inconvenience and/or confusion this matter has caused you.

If you have any further concerns please contact our compliance officer Charmaine Shaoul in the first instance, her email address is charmaine.shaoul@atmsolicitors.co.uk or write for her attention at the above address.

Yours faithfully

ATM Solicitors Ltd

ATM Seem OK. They have now sent me a questionairre to fill in and sign and have already advised ERgg of the dispute. They have also phoned me to tell me what they have done so far and also asked if EGG had been in contact with me directly (They Have). SO far so good. I will keep you all informed of any further developements.

• 1 month later...

ok let me tell you exactly how this works

firstly sales person calls you and tells you that if your credit agreement was taken out before April 2007 that there are up to 20 breaches in the agreement and that you may be able to cancel all your payments and write your debt off (LIE 1)

Kerobo take your payment and then they tell you to complete your pack and return it to them (which you do but they dont receive it - "thats funny i posted it you think to yourself") so they send you another and you return it (this happens a lot) so on and so on.... eventually they have your completed pack. this is then scanned onto the system along with any credit agreements you may have sent.

they send the agreement for auditing, this may have breaches, in which case they tell you to stop paying the lender as it is unenforceable and that they will write to your lender and a letter to yourself (which you may or may not receive - depending if they actually send it out). if there are no breaches found in your agreement they then tell you that they will have to get a copy of the agreement from the lender as the lenders agreement holds more thorough Terms and Conditions and they will then send this to be audited also. (meanwhile they have had your money for over the original suggested timeline).

kerobo request a copy of the agreement from the lender (if this is not returned to them within 12 working days +2 for allowance on the postage, they advise you to stop making your payments which you are legally allowed to do and your credit rating wont be affected as they will write to the credit experts and advise them of he situation - they wont, its a lie) IT WILL AFFECT YOUR CREDIT RATING AND THE LENDER WILL STILL CHASE PAYMENT!!!!!! FACT

following this, when they originally do the audit, if there were breaches (which by the way - the audits are genuinally completed FACT!!!) they will tell you that the letters will be sent out and they will await a response from the lender! they use several solicitors tp follow up the case and the main one WAS ATM who wont touch the firm anymore because of an indemnity [problem] they pulled a few months back. THEY DO NOT YET HAVE A REPLACEMENT SOLICITOR TO DEAL WITH YOUR CASE AND TELL YOU THEY WILL DO THIS IN-HOUSE - THEY DO NOT HAVE AN IN-HOUSE SOLICITOR all this work could all in-fact be completed by yourself!!!!

THINK - if you wanted to write your lender a letter and then stop making your payment, you could do this all by yourself and get a bad credit rating all by yourself too and have no-one to blame but yourself, which is what will happen and by the time you want to go and point the finger at Kerobo Claims, they will hve changed their registered company name and proceeded with new clients on a new database with new letterheads!!! FACT!!!

Go to Companies House Website - search Kerobo Limited, take note of the address and then search Delete UK Limited, take note of that address!!! Same address?? Coincidence?? I think not!