No Right Turn Cctv Camera Approval?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a general enquiry regarding the approval of cctv cameras to be used for traffic offences.If for instance I got a parking ticket in the post for turning right where there was a sign dis allowing the right turn for cars, and the city council said my car was observed performing the illegal manouevre on cctc camera, then how do I go about getting proof of the approval for the cctv camera concerned? I mean, if i was to ask the council for proof that their camera can be used for traffic offences, then they would obviously create an approval and send it to me just to shut me up.Is there a body of some sort that the approval has to come from, i.e. the traffic commisioner, the home office, the secretary of state etc?

Just a question requiring an answer.If cctv that is used for the prevention of crime suddenly becomes approved to be used for traffic offences as well, then surely the cctv must have approval to be used for traffic offences? Therefore, the local council should have submitted a request for the cctv to be used for traffic offences and have a document permitting it, if it was authorised? Now my question is..Where would I request a copy of the authorisation for the cctv to be used for traffic offences? Would it be the local council, or the traffic commissioner, or the secretary of state etc.

Bump

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Threads merged. Please do not start multiple threads on the same subject, thanks.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Correct. TMA has camera enforcement for parking but not yet for moving. And then there are Bus lanes. Thats why I gave an e.g. rather than an i.e. As I said it depends. the question is couched in general terms that covers all CCTV use for traffic enforcement not just London. Googling that phrase should produce an interesting pdf or two with much detail.

A 'city council' apart from the City of London should not be issuing cctv moving traffic PCNs so no authorisation is possible.

So it seems Nottingham City Council illegally issued a ticket to a bus driver at work who took a right turn when road signs prohibited it.The fine was accompanied with a cctv still of the vehicle performing the manouevre.So this is illegal then and has grounds for appeal??.And under what law?

So it seems Nottingham City Council illegally issued a ticket to a bus driver at work who took a right turn when road signs prohibited it.The fine was accompanied with a cctv still of the vehicle performing the manouevre.So this is illegal then and has grounds for appeal??.And under what law?

It should state the legislation it was issued under on the PCN, if you want constructive help more information is needed.

• dx100uk changed the title to No Right Turn Cctv Camera Approval?