Halifax Arrogance/rudeness!

papadak
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Request for copy of LOAN AGREEMENT

Hi,

I received a reply from Intelligent Finance (Halifax) recently and wanted to share it with you. I sent for a copy of a Loan Agreement and their reply is as follows:

Quote:

" Re Agreement ...... Thank you for your statutory request for information in respect of the Loan Agreement.

(then there is a selection of unticked boxes and then the last one is ticked)

Ticked = Subsection 77(3) of the Act provides amongst other tickets that section 77(1) does not apply to an agreement under which no sum is, or will or may become, payable by the debtor.

The above loan was repaid on 22nd June 2009 this means no sum is, or will or may become payable by the debtor and therefore the bank is under no requirement to provide a copy of the agreement any document referred to in it or a statement of account.

If you need any further help, please contact me by fax on ....... "

Customer Care Manager.

Unquote

Is this right or am I entitled to see a copy? I just found the letter a tad rude and basically a 'sod off' type reply.

I would like to reply with a letter, some help there please. Thank You

Edited by papadak
typo

In that case, serve them with an SAR

In that case, serve them with an SAR

Hi Bankfodder,

I originally sent this:

"

REQUEST FOR COPY OF LOAN AGREEMENT

I am writing to request a copy of my original loan agreement with INTELLIGENT FINANCE. If the original loan agreement does not include details of the insurance added to the account, such as the number and cost of any monthly payments or any lump sum fees and interest charges applicable to this fee, please attach or advise how I can get access to this information.

I look forward to your response within 40 days, as is obliged under the Data Protection Act 1998. If not I shall seek remedy from the Information Commissioner.

"

Is this not sufficient?