Acer Notebook - broken again

nickismee80
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son was bought a notebook for his christmas present in 2008, it was bought in November 08 so is coming up to the end of its 1 year warrenty.

The notebook has been sent for repair twice already (mouse pad stopped working and there was a problem with the mother board) It has now decided to stop working again less than a month after it had been sent off to get the mouse pad fixed.

This is now the 3rd time it has needed to be sent of within the year, is there anyway of getting a replacement or refund? I have a bad feeling it will go wrong when the years warrenty has expired and i can't afford to pay the bill if it does go wrong.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

I think that you are right to be worried. Don't be too concerned about the 12 months warranty. You are entitled to more than this under the SOGA.

I think that you need to write Acer a letter setting out everything which has gone wrong with the laptop since you had it. Inform them about the present problem and make it clear to them that you are now formally rejecting the laptop as having been defective from the outset and that you want a refund or a replacement within 10 days.

Make sure that you send this letter to them by recorded delivery - preferably special delivery. I suggest that you fax it to them also as the post is not tooo good at present.

They will want to inpsect it blah blah etc . You will have to allow them to do this but I think that you need to make it clear that you won't accept it back again and that you are prepared to sue if necesary. (Are you).

If you aren't prepared toake this action then don't bther to make a fuss, just get it repaired and be prepared to be bullied and steamrollered by Acer next to it breaks dowon outside the warranty.

If you are prepared to stand up for yourself on this, then prepare for a county court claim as this is what it will take as I don't expect that ACER will accept your ultimatum.

Make sure that you read up about County court actions. Get a small claims kit from us and a book on county court procedure from us - although you can get them from amazon for about a quid cheaper if you want.

make sure that you are prepared and confident and the day after they ignore your deadline, start the action.

Wow, i didn't realise i had to take it that far.

I am willing to fight this, my son gets very upset each time it has to be sent off for repair.

I will send ACER a letter and fax and see the outcome of that..

Thank you very much for your help x