Are LBL protected?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To Be honest all this rubbish from the police saying they cannot get involved because it is a civil matter stinks, especially when they turn up and take sides with the so called baillifs!

these people are blatantly breaking the law but they are left alone or if they are looked into then time drags on so much that most become that fed up and stressed as well as ruined that they drop everything.

empty promises from the regulated bodies i.e. Trading standards have done nothing up to now, OFT given chances after chances! solicitors run a mile! even after taking your case on, CAB what do they do?, the police turn a blind eye!

If this was a rogue builder then he would have been wiped out for conning a few people. HOW MANY HAVE THESE CONNED? young, old, sick, poor.

T H O U S A N D S !

But for years we get the same old stories, problems and outcomes.

Something is not right.

Edited by actionblusox
my thoughts which should be kept to myself

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Actionblusox

The OFT have taken the step of revoking LBL ccl on the 16/10/09

of course they can appeal and during the appeal stage, they can of course keep trading...But....

Don't give up faith - yes it may seem a slow process - and your right a 'rogue builder/plumber' would have been taken out ages ago....

The police should do more to assist vunerable consumers - I agree with you - but the whole idea of the OFT is that they are there to assist and protect consumers and protect our civil rights against traders who hold a licence as issued by them - they have revoked the traders licence.

Whilst the Trader can now appeal and continue to trade - again - this is good news for those consumers/solicitors who are currently involved in court cases against them - they need time to wrap up their cases - by appealing, Log Book are unwittingly assisting this to happen - do you see where I am coming from.

It's a good day - Time for a nice warm cup of coffee I think : )

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

To Be honest all this rubbish from the police saying they cannot get involved because it is a civil matter stinks, especially when they turn up and take sides with the so called baillifs!

these people are blatantly breaking the law but they are left alone or if they are looked into then time drags on so much that most become that fed up and stressed as well as ruined that they drop everything.

empty promises from the regulated bodies i.e. Trading standards have done nothing up to now, OFT given chances after chances! solicitors run a mile! even after taking your case on, CAB what do they do?, the police turn a blind eye!

If this was a rogue builder then he would have been wiped out for conning a few people. HOW MANY HAVE THESE CONNED? young, old, sick, poor.

T H O U S A N D S !

But for years we get the same old stories, problems and outcomes.

Something is not right.

May be we can, may be we can research what can be done when these "agents" turn up. Police officers take a view that this is legel and that as the keeper at fault. May be pointing the police officer in the right direction could be the way forward.

It might be worth creating a sticky with the right questions to put to the agents/police.

anyone?

trooper68

Trooper68:)

That's a good question luc1???

Logically - the Notice of 'revocation' I saw was against Nine Regions Ltd/as Log Book Loans

Log Book Loans is a Franchise - so anybody can buy a Franchise from them.

So whilst they all 'Trade/as' Log Book Loans - it may be that other franchisees have not performed in the same way as the Nine Regions Franchisee....

Having said that - if the business model of Log Book Loans is based on the same draconian tactics of Nine Regions - then I know for sure if I was a franchisee I would be very worried right now : )

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

Trooper..

Don't they have something called the 'public protection unit' within the police service - Might be worth Nicky B working with the site team to bring this trader to their notice with support from all other caggers - that would strenghten the overall aim of the OFT and protect innocent consumers (the public that need protecting that is).

The site team and Nicky B could see if the police is willing to give one main number to call should they feel harrassed or threatened by this particular trader - especially whilst any Appeal goes through.

I'm sure it would be a matter of some kind of 'mass' campaign to alert the police authorities nationwide to this blight on our landscape - like we all know the OFT are doing all they can do - Now we need help for innocent consumers who have to live day to day with the treat of this trader blighting their lives - taking their cars and totally devestating ordinary private lifes ---- grrrrrrrrrrrr

Site Team??

That's a good question luc1???

Logically - the Notice of 'revocation' I saw was against Nine Regions Ltd/as Log Book Loans

Log Book Loans is a Franchise - so anybody can buy a Franchise from them.

So whilst they all 'Trade/as' Log Book Loans - it may be that other franchisees have not performed in the same way as the Nine Regions Franchisee....

Having said that - if the business model of Log Book Loans is based on the same draconian tactics of Nine Regions - then I know for sure if I was a franchisee I would be very worried right now : )

Thanks for the reply.

Right I see, does anyone know how many companies are t/a LBL?

Has anyone on here had any problems with Danesmead?

Seems very productive on here today - good to see things are moving forward.

Luc

Hi Luc1

see: Public Register

type in Log Book Loans into the 'trading name' section and it will bring them all up - those that are registered that is.....

Danesmead are there..... : (

but... I agree, very pruductive today - personally i've been firing on all guns since 3.00 last night - whooohooo

Apple : )