Is This Legal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

XL what you are doing is illegal you can deny it as much as you want to, you may think you can get away with it, one day you get a nasty surprise

See the reply was removed lol, read it in email though... and agree with you joy2theworld. They shall get a rather large surprise as I have it on good authority that adobe are very much so on their case. They have been watching this thread as well as I understand it, but not posting.

It does not matter what "hosts" you use, I am sure all your effort will fail now these are on your case.... As said previously, if you had kept quiet and not spouted threats all over the place you would likely been left alone.

My guess would be redoing the website, but seeing as he has to change things for legal purposes has it protected whilst these changes are being done. It means he can test everything on the server, without breaking the law as he is not advertising or selling anything.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

My guess would be redoing the website, but seeing as he has to change things for legal purposes has it protected whilst these changes are being done. It means he can test everything on the server, without breaking the law as he is not advertising or selling anything.

Sounds rational :)

I know adobe are after blood though lol, be very surprised if it comes back online for long in any similar capacity to what it was.

I can see the issue with a back up service selling copyrighted software, but most of the software he sold would usually require a licence key which he wasn't selling. That said someone did say he was selling sky cards and I did see some movies on there which really does go beyond the legality line.

Though yes will be interesting to see if he does come back on, shows you what happens when you come on to CAG.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

They're back up. No adobe and a few other things missing

Have you seen the image on there front page??? Makes for quite an amusing view, however unfortunately I can't post it here for the swearing reference :/

What's been going on with XL?

Posted on 12th Oct 2009 @ 12:12 AM

It has been quite a troublesome two weeks for us here at XL.. or should we say.. more problematic.

In the last two weeks we have:

* Been contacted by FAST, Adobe, and TomTom in regards to their products on the site.

* Suspended by our webhosting in the US following 'bullying' by a big company who cannot prosecute us as

there is nothing illegal going on, so they attack our webhosts instead.

* Been attacked all over the net on certain 'un-moderated' 'consumers' forums and newsgroups/UseNet

* IF your order is not appearing on the site, or you cannot login.. you may need to re-register and contact us.

BUT through all of that.

Here we stand - still alive, still NOT prosecuted, STILL not closed down.

For all that oppose - your time will come.

All you have been is, annoying at best - with no real outcome to see.

The only thing you have managed to achieve is post a few random complaints to companies who really lets be honest

have done nothing to prosecute us because there is no case to prosecute for and that is why dear friends,

there is no stopping XL because no illegal activities are being achieved on any of our sites around the net.

We lead everyone to the same conclussions

* Read the LEGAL page on the top of the store

* Read the T&C's page on the top of the store

* NOW try and prosecute.. because you will FAIL and FAIL big time.

If we could be prosecuted at all, then the other sites duplicating as well would have been closed.. some have been

open longer than us we believe and STILL are on the net, large as life.

To all our XL clients.. the XLArmy is underway

We urge YOU, the very clients of ours to stand up against this blind, hatred of our site which really, is leading them

absolutely nowhere fast.

We ask you

* Stand up for us on ANY threads that can be accessed via a search engine ie: search for XL TRADING.

* Report to us any threads that are commenting on our site both positive and negative.

Why stand up for XL?

For startters, the very consumer forums that would label us as pirates and illegal are also tarnishing YOUR very

reputations.. they would wish for everyone to believe, that you cannot make your own choices in life and that

you are blind to see the 'illegality' of what we do.

We say to you, dear clients - you are FREE in the UK and the world to use our service in any non-illegal

manner you see fit. You own the legal media you have purchased, which they would like deprive you of making

a backup copy for self use. And they call us 'criminals'.

They make out that you have been tricked and that we are criminals.

Really.

Then why have we not been prosecuted?

Why are we still alive on the net?

Why have other sites still been allowed to run as normal and many - advertise with Google

People need to enlighted these consumer forums who tend to 'know all' without knowing very much at all.

The XLArmy needs to step up now and 'enlighten' those who need to be 'enlightened'

by reading that i would guess not, and i would be on the lookout for spamming/ddos attacks

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

No need to tarnish here already tarnished reputation. He has the nerve to say those who go on consumer forums have no lives but he spends a lot of his time doing just that He has been reported yet again to his web host in Singapore There web host email address is

Edited by MARTIN3030

The amusing thing is, yes he might of taken adobe, sky and other bits off the site... IF they were not illegal then why remove them ? exactly !

Adobe will prosecute even if he has removed their stuff, the fact is when they looked it was there :) tough luck. I have been in contact with the piracy guy but have been asked not to post the replys :)

Also, still can not see a VAT number or ADDRESS on there ? am I missing something ?

The guy that runs it is adamant he is doing nothing illegal, but we all know different. Yes you are allowed backups but you MUST own the original. Does he have all the originals then? I doubt it. Why is he selling them at a clear profit? at most £1 would cover costs I also been in touch with other parties they are watching him as I am sure you know 2ltr16valve :) Tax fraud hotline Reporting tax fraud : Directgov - Money, tax and benefits

The guy that runs it is adamant he is doing nothing illegal, but we all know different. Yes you are allowed backups but you MUST own the original. Does he have all the originals then? I doubt it. Why is he selling them at a clear profit? at most £1 would cover costs I also been in touch with other parties they are watching him as I am sure you know 2ltr16valve :)

Indeed he should be a very nervous person with all the eyes focusing their efforts on him now, would not be surprised if it ends up on the news lol !!!

As for the picture on his site.... well PMSL PMSL PMSL

Come on, explain Mr XL Trading..... What exactly are you going to "come after us" with ? I am intrigued

Hes posting emails received and email adresses now... and demanding this

[b]NOTE: [/b]
By attacking our site and trying to place false orders, we are legally
entitled to share your information with the net. You may contact us at 
[b]*******xltrading.co.uk[/b] if you wish for your information to be  removed but we
will however expect you to sign a legal declaration to say that you will 
NOT abuse our site in future, neither on the net or on any of our network sites.

We will also post any emails we receive from any of the perpetrators and 
their respective email addresses which we can use to have threads deleted 
from online forums due to their abusive content.

http://www.xltrading.co.uk/pages/Abuse.html

WTF is this bloke on ?

hmmm jsut a quick question what is the awards for damages for breach of the data protection act?

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

tho im not able to view the site anymore it seems to have gone down again :p

Please note: