Acres V Halifax ***SETTLED IN FULL***

rpa1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

New to this but started the ball rolling today after receiving yet another £39 charge for an unpaid direct debit of a measly £12. I have started with an informal letter to the branch to see what response I get. If nothing then I will proceed with the Data Protection form and pay my £10.

I also found another web site who will do all the work for you on a "no win no fee" basis. Have a look if you want the hassle of doing it yourself taken out of the equation. You can find them at:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

They do charge an initial £20 fee to start with though. And their commission is up to 25% + vat, so probably not worth it. I don't think it will be long before others jump on the band wagon and commission drops.

Regards

Roger

LINK REMOVED.

We do not permit the linking to any sites that ask for a fee for their work, or where a profit can be made. Please do not post this link again.

• 3 weeks later...

Have received bank statements and calculated they owe me £1667.

Have downloaded the excell spreadsheet:

are there any instructions on how to get it to calculate the 8% or do we have to do this ourselves ? and do we really have to include the number of days since the offence?

I have completed it with bank charges only so far and am sending it with the last 2 columns empty.

Any advice at this point would be welcome

Roger

Have received bank statements and calculated they owe me £1667.

Have downloaded the excell spreadsheet:

are there any instructions on how to get it to calculate the 8% or do we have to do this ourselves ? and do we really have to include the number of days since the offence?

I asume you deleted all the data in the spreadsheet first, if so you did it wrongly you just amend whats there to suit your circumstances and it will work out everything for you, you then delete what is not relevant to you

I have completed it with bank charges only so far and am sending it with the last 2 columns empty.

Any advice at this point would be welcome

Roger

when you send the list of charges to the bank you dont add on the interest this can only be done when you file your claim to Court

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a letter back offereing a measly £267 pounds as final settlement of the £1667, of course I have accepted it but only as partial settlement

Do they usually pay this partial settlement immediately and then we go for the rest through court, or will I have to wait for the full amount?

Incidentally, the tone of their letter was very suggestive of this is all my fault for going overdrawn :o

Almost time for the letter before action.

Roger

• 2 weeks later...

i submitted my claim on saturday and had a letter yesterday telling me they'd pay in full within 5 working days, so wasn't long for me.

Good luck :)

"Banks are people that will lend you an umbrella when it's sunny, but demand it back the minute it starts raining"

Brad v Halifax

22/08/06 - Preliminary Letter sent requesting full repayment of charges

06/09/06 - LBA sent to bank

Just noticed on the money claim on line that there is a page that asks

"do you wish judgement by default or admission....." and there are two options

do I need to select either of these at this stage????

Roger

1. Yes

2. No

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

That thier charges are transparent, and you agreed to them when opening your account via the tems and conditions. Unfortunately for them they are only allowed to charge for actual losses accrued by the bank as a result of your 'errant ways'!. As the banks refuse to show how these are calculated -you will win. The only reason banks submit a defence is in the hope it will scare you off.

FWIW the Halifax are not as childish as other institutions and I'm sure you'll be reunited with your cash very shortly.

CONGRATULATIONS, AND JUBILATIONS, I WANT THE WORLD TO KNOW IM HAPPY AS CAN BE :D

Got letter from Halifax telling me money will be in the bank in 5 working days.

Interestingly, they still havn't admitted liability and are claiming it is purely on a commercial basis that they are paying me back.

The have also indicated that they have written to the court indicating that they intend to defend the claim. Does this mean that I may have to pay the money back at a later date if their defence is upheld??

Also, is there anything I now need to do at MCOL

All that remains now is to see my bank balance dramatically increase in the next few days.

MANY MANY THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE PROVIDED THE SUPPORT AND GUIDANCE NECESSARY TO SEE THIS THROUGH TO A SUCCESSFUL CONCLUSION EXPECT A HEALTHY DONATION SOON

ROGER

:D :D :D :D :D

congratulations, don't do anything with moneyclaim yet

when the money is paid into your account either ring / email them with your claim number and let them know that you consider the matter closed.

"Banks are people that will lend you an umbrella when it's sunny, but demand it back the minute it starts raining"

Brad v Halifax

22/08/06 - Preliminary Letter sent requesting full repayment of charges

06/09/06 - LBA sent to bank

Congratulations

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.