£500 pound overdrawn and all bank charges nationwide

gregzie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi can anyone help please.

I cancelled a standing order with a company and they carried on taking the money and as i dont use the account with nationwide anymore there was no money in there.i no now i should of cancelled with the bank and thats what they keep saying.after 9-10 months i get a phone call saying im overdrawn and theres nothing they can do i have to pay it back even tho its all charges.i feel like im being robbed by them as ive never had the money.is there anything i can do at this stage as i have not paid a penny.

thanks

if its all charges put in a reclaim, it will get stayed, but atleast you will be in the queue and it should put the a/c into dispute, thus preventing collection activities.

then its just awaiting game for the test case to be resolved.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I presume this was a direct debit since a standing order is a payment you request to be sent ad DD is claimed by the company...

Where were the statements going in this period? What were the payments for? Should they have been debited????

Welcome to the world of ridiculous bank charges, did the transactions cost them that much? No

Did they cost them anything? Impossible to say since they won't tell us, I'm guessing any costs are minimal.

Conclusion...

You've been fleeced like the rest of us, get a claim in, join the queue and hope the OFT doesn't let us down.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

Hi gregzie

If you have your statements and know the dates of the charges you can send your prelim with a schedule of charges. If not you will need to send a sar enclosing a £10.00 cheque or p.o. these can take up to 40 calander days.Keep copies and send recorded delivery.

Data Protection Act 1998 - Subject Access Request

Letter - Preliminary approach for repayment.

Tills

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

Hi gregzie

If you have your statements and know the dates of the charges you can send your prelim with a schedule of charges. If not you will need to send a sar enclosing a £10.00 cheque or p.o. these can take up to 40 calander days.Keep copies and send recorded delivery.

Data Protection Act 1998 - Subject Access Request

Letter - Preliminary approach for repayment.

Tills

thanks

"just spoke to my bank this morning is it right that they carry on adding charges untill this court case"

I believe any reasonable person would say it is not, but this is a bank we're talking to (I have decided to refer to Nationwide as a bank as it acts as such).

They will continue to add charges and interest, and there's not a lot we can do about it. Such is the magic of the cosy little deal the banks have entered into with the powers that be.

If, as ALL banks literature states, they take complaints seriously then you would've thought they would look at your individual complaint. Instead they are happy to pile on the charges, even when the legality of those very charges is being challenged.

Putting it another way would the test case have lasted this long if there weren't grounds to challenge the charges????

Your next decision/action after putting the in above mentioned disputes is to consider what you want to do about DCA's and CRA's. The bank WILL put information on your credit file.

Personally I would challenge this out of principle, it just seems wrong to me they can make such entries when the amount is clearly in dispute.

But its your call, I'm sure you'll find help on CAG whatver your course of action.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.