Markie vs Halifax - Owed £3032, Offered £800

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My initial feeling is to reply and take £800 as part payment with intention to County Court them for the balance.

Interesting wrinkles for me so far:

- Wrote and asked for statements and told £5. Agreed and it took 3 weeks for them to charge it. They did and then bounced a cheque as it would have taken me over my OD by £8. They collected £39 in the process of course.

- No statements turned up.

- Letter with £800 offer has list of charges so do not need statements!

Any comments?

Just so you know, they wont offer a part payment, as they will not refund charges, and the stance is this. The payment you get is ex-gratia, as a gesture of goodwill, if you want to recieve a refund for all your charges you'll have to go down the county court route. The OFT ruled against credit card charges, not bank charges, think there will be a proper announcement about this soon.

• 1 month later...

Just a short update - issued County Court Summons last Monday - phone call on Wednesday offering £3425.90 (Charges plus interest plus fee).

Cash in the account on Thursday.

Thanks everyone for the advise

Now I only have to sort out MBNA, Sainsburys, Halifax about undelivered statements, Amex about an annual fee refund, and to start on CitiCard!

Excellent news mate - great to hear you've got your cash back! :O)

All the best with your other claims - I'm about to push ahead with a few more myself, they won't know what hit 'em!

Lucy.

Lucycat vs. Halifax 13/9 - £4496.99 - WON!

Lucycat vs. MBNA (Alliance & Leicester) - 16/11 - Offer of £295 received - pursuing £575.

Lucycat vs. HSBC - 15/11 - MCOL filed - £1438 (& interest at 8% - another £392.49)

Lucycat vs. Capital One 15/11 - Offer of £136 received - pursuing £340.

Lucycat vs. Halifax - Mortgage ERC - 18/10 - LBA sent - £466.32.

Lucycat vs. Halifax - Mortgage Charges - 9/11 - D.P.A. Non-Compliance letter delivered.

Lucycat vs. LloydsTSB - Loan PPI - 5/10 - Statement received.

Lucycat vs. LloydsTSB - 20/10 - Prelim sent for £45 - returned undelivered, recipient has 'gone away'...! :o

* Lucycat vs. Carphone Warehouse - 13/11 - S.A.R. delivered. * Lucycat vs. Volkswagen Finance - 9/11 - S.A.R. delivered. * Lucycat vs. Barclaycard - 15/11 - S.A.R. sent out.

We should have a little code that informs the bank that the work you've put together is from this site.Then they would know that your part of the clan that has power.i.e. I'm not alone when I serve this notice,I've thousands of people behind me.:shock: :shock: :shock:

HALIFAX CURRENT ACCOUNT SETTLED IN FULL 9/9/06.

N1 form completed 05-06-07,LBA sent 14-05-07,2nd go!Prelim sent 24/04/07

Halifax Visa 1.Paid in full

Halifax Classic.Paid in full.

LBA sent 14-05-07,GMAC prelim sent 24/04/07

Data Protection Act for halifax mortgage 16/09/06.