Very catalogue in arrears

melmumof3
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

im in arrears with my very account. i lost my job in may, was already struggling with mortgage arrears. i couldnt continue paying my very debt £600, the interest was £20 without paying the actual debt. they wouldnt help me set up a payment plan with them which was less that £20. the minimum now they will accept is £41!... they keep adding £24 in charges on too, so my debt was under £600 now its almost £700 since july.....when i last paid them.

they suggested i went to CCCS as they will only accept token payments from them, but due to my mortgage arrears (£600 now down from £2000) CCCS cancelled my previous debt plan.

i requested my CCA, they have responded saying they havent got this, but sent an agreement which it is now under, no sigs etc....ive contacted Very today, as they have kindly added a further £24 to my debt. i told them its in dispute, so this advisor said she had spoke to another dept, who has the CCA and will get them to send it (why if they have it didnt they send in the first place???)??? confused lol.... and advisor said my account will be passed to a DCA if i dont pay the arrears of £160.

Would appreciate some advice please

kind regards mel

Unless they provide an enforceable CCA they cannot pursue the debt, neither can a DCA. If 12 working days have passed since you made the request send them this; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/571-failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

Thanks for that. They told me to send my request to sandringham house, which i did, and who have sent me a letter saying they cant provide it, so i dont know who this woman rang through to, to say that this other dept has it.. i reckon she just wanted to get me off the phone personally. Lots of huffing and puffing coming from down the line too!!.....

It depends when you took it out as to whether there is a cca as such. It looks a relatively new online catalogue where it would only need a 'tick' box to comply with the regulations, although they would still need to send you a 'screen-shot'.

It depends when you took it out as to whether there is a cca as such. It looks a relatively new online catalogue where it would only need a 'tick' box to comply with the regulations, although they would still need to send you a 'screen-shot'.

i took out the original account in 2001. its was previously a littlewoods direct account, which they have now changed their name to very......

It's unlikely they will supply it (or even have it!) so once the 12 + 2 days are up, send the account in dispute letter then ignore them until they comply.

Once you have sent the letter, you can withhold payments until they comply so the onus is on them to send it to you if they want their money :) and the agreement must also be CCA compliant.

Stop talking to them on the phone as well unless you're recording your calls!

• 4 weeks later...

hi again,

sent off the account in dispute letter. should i pay anything towards debt. im not really disputing i owe the money, i do, but they are charging now £25 per month for missed payment and letter fees, and the only payment plan that could offer was £30 minimum which is mainly interest too which i cant find right now.

just feeling guilty, as i know i bought stuff from the catalogue last yr, which i will still be paying for a few more yrs yet i know, ive had it some time and i know ive paid an awful lot of interest over the yrs too...

Edited by melmumof3

We'll deal with the charges they've added if they manage to produce an enforceable agreement, which I very much doubt they'll be able to do.

If 12 working days have passed since they received the request and they haven't produced a copy you can legally withold any payment. Obviously it's up to you whether you continue to now or not, but you could pay a minimum payment of £1 per month which shows you are not ignoring the problem.

• 2 weeks later...
We'll deal with the charges they've added if they manage to produce an enforceable agreement, which I very much doubt they'll be able to do.

If 12 working days have passed since they received the request and they haven't produced a copy you can legally withold any payment. Obviously it's up to you whether you continue to now or not, but you could pay a minimum payment of £1 per month which shows you are not ignoring the problem.

had a letter today from very, saying they will not be pursuing the account. will someone else though pursue?

• 3 weeks later...

just an enquiry...

since the letter about the very account saying they confirm they will not be pursuing the debt, im still receiving statement, adding £12 for insufficient minimum payment fee..... and a notice of default sums under the consumer credit act 1974.

should i ring them?

Make a complaint to Trading Standards, the OFT & the ICO. They have stated in writing that they will not pursue the debt yet they are adding interest & still processing your data which is in effect still pursuing the debt. :rolleyes:

Trading Standards = Consumer Direct - Contact us

OFT Complaint form

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/DebtCollectionComplaintForm.DOC

The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

debtcollectionguidance@oft.gsi.gov.uk

tel: 020 7211 5823

The Office of Fair Trading: Debt collection practices

http://oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

ICO = https://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact_us.aspx

• 1 month later...

hi all

just had a statement a month late from Very, adding on missed payment charge, since the letter in Nov when they say they are no longer pursuing me for the debt...

have spoken to someone today, who says they are no longer in charge of debt but its been sold on to 'national debt recovery' a quick search on here says they are in with 'littlewoods' (now very)...

havent heard yet from this DCA... what will be my first thing to do when i do please??...

****ive just rang consumer direct who say i should send a copy of the letter saying they are no longer pursuing the debt to the DCA and to Very telling them to stop etc........***

Edited by melmumof3

hi all

just had a statement a month late from Very, adding on missed payment charge, since the letter in Nov when they say they are no longer pursuing me for the debt...

have spoken to someone today, who says they are no longer in charge of debt but its been sold on to 'national debt recovery' a quick search on here says they are in with 'littlewoods' (now very)...

havent heard yet from this DCA... what will be my first thing to do when i do please??...

****ive just rang consumer direct who say i should send a copy of the letter saying they are no longer pursuing the debt to the DCA and to Very telling them to stop etc........***

I have seen littlewoods do this before (infact they did it with me also).

Littlewoods in sandingham say they do not have a copy and will not pursue however they neglect to tell aintree (who admin the account) so they keep adding interest and charges.

I have found that the best way for me was to send a copy of the sandringham letter (saying they will not pursue) to aintree in a complaint.

After around 3 months :eek: they stop sending statements or anything else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
Hi

I know this thread is years old. But was just wondering how this was resolved?

Similar situation to me.

Thanks

Please Start Your Own Thread.

You will may be missed here.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: