Acer Aspire 5735

Lisa_martin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm hoping you can help me.

January this year my very old but very trusted Fijitsu Siemens Laptop blew up. it wasn't the lappy but the charger that took the lappy out :sad face: So I got on to the insurance company and they sent me £360 in comet vouchers for the replacment. I wasn't extatic by the amount but as depreciation sets in and the laptop was old I accepted. Anyway, off I went to buy a lappy only to find out that in Comet at that time I couldn't really buy a great laptop without adding money to it and at that time just after christmas I didn't have the kind of money available at a drop of a hat for the many Apple Airbooks they had on display so I looked a little on the lower budget end shall we say........

Acer!

GRRRRR angry-smiley-030.gif GRRRRR angry-smiley-030.gif GRRRRRRangry-smiley-030.gif

And the thing is I still had to put money towards it!

The problems I am having at the moment with this lappy is unbelivable.

It runs when it wants too, it over heats when it fancy's it and shuts down because its been online for more than 1 hour at a time.

I was wondering where do I stand with my rights as a consumer?

I phoned up Comet who told me I had to phone Acer but I was led to believe that it's Comet who have to do whatever it is they have to do to sort the problems out. I phoned Acer, needless to say I got through to their customer support in India who was reading from a screen and really didn't understand the problem. Acer are in plympton, Devon. I live about 20miles from them and wondered would it be worth going there? but then I thought it is Comet who need to deal with this problem and not Acer?!

Basically i'd like my money back but I don't think that would happen. but i'm not sure its a repairably job as it seems to me like its a manufacturing fault as the laptop isn't well vented to let the heat escape? I don't know really i'm no lappy expert.

What should I do to resovle the problem?

Thanks.

Lisa tongue.gif

[COLOR=royalblue]Halifax......WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Nationwide...WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [CENTER][URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/sections187and45/"][B][SIZE=4]Please sign this Downing Street petition on Bank Charges and Benefits[/SIZE][/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Guest Old_andrew2018

you are correct it is comet who have to deal with the problem, I think you realise they only want to take your money

• 9 months later...

I work for a retailer that sells this model,the overheating is sometimes a result of updates changing power management settings causing the unit to pull more power and the overheating issue.It doesn't just effect your model,one of which I have myself.There was a bios upgrade on Acer software/support section to resolve this issue. Question is most Comet stores don't have internet access and may have directed you to Acer tech support who would have talked you through the process meaning you wouldn't have been without your laptop while it was sent away.

i would in all honesty look at installing and running

fanspeed

that will tell you that it IS overheating and atleast you can start from there.

once you have confirmed this, we have comet on-board here at CAG and we can refer you to them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...