**COMPLAINTS** Link Financial

batman1956
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

******* PLEASE NOTE - THIS THREAD IS TO BE USED FOR A BRIEF SUMMARY OF YOUR COMPLAINT ONLY - PLEASE LEAVE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD IF YOU REQUIRE ANSWERS TO SPECIFIC QUESTIONS ***

SPECIFIC QUESTIONS CAN BE ASKED ON THIS LINK THREAD

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/162255-link-financial-limited.html

All posts that deviate from the original concept will be removed - Thank you

This thread is to collate evidence regarding the underhand and devious tactics employed by Link Financial and its associated companies which include

Asset Link

Thesis

Instant Silver

There may be other names also.

If enough posters come forward and enough evidence is gathered the next stage will be to present this to the OFT in an effort to bring these companies into line.

My own complaint is simple Link Financial sent me a CCA which is a copy and paste job and is so obvious that a 2 year old could spot it.

Over to you all.

Bat I have included a notice at the top in the hope of stopping people just using this as another discussion thread.

citizenb

Edited by batman1956

Dont let the parasite dca's prosper

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is they took me to court with incorrect information, no CCA for the alledged date, sending me a CCA dating back to 01 not the CCA they referred to, asking me to sign an A4 piece of paper basically giving them the right to go straight for a charging order and that I was dropping my defence, constant telephone calls and refusal to discuss anything.

I did previously email OFT earlier in the year when they were asking for info about DCAs and offered them all paperwork if they wanted it. Never been asked for any further info from them.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Great. Mine involves Link sending misleading letters directing me to return the court summons paperwork to them, and not to the court. They would then have secured a win via judgement by default. Also involves the deceitful telephone conversations stating they are a company who deal with undelivered mail which resulted in what I deemed to be a threatening statement when I wouldn't give my name. For those unfamiliar with any of this here's the link to the evidence.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/221243-link-financial-check-out.html

Great also and mine is:

1. Not producing CCA (or anything else for that matter) within time period

2. CCA not sent but rather an application form

3. Ignoring letters

4. Not investigating complaints properly

5. Harrassing relatives via phone and demanding my contact details

6. Continuing to contact me even though any supposed accounts are in dispute

I have reported some of the above to both the TS and OFT

Ok, I have got this on my subbed list. I will keep it to the top of the forums if it starts sliding down. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

MBNA purportedly sold my account to Link Financial, whilst in Default of my CCA Request and;

in dispute re: the mis-selling of PPI.

Link Financial were not provided with any data by MBNA, only a charged off account number and the alleged amount owing.

Link, appeared to be confused about my whereabouts (MBNA knew my address, I had moved, but my post was being re-directed by Royal Mail to my new address)

Link were sending out various letters to both my old & new address; I received all their letters, even the one sent to, The Occupier.

One dark winters night, a neighbour came round to my house with a note;

apparently, a friend had telephoned my neighbour stating that they had lost my telephone number;

the caller, Alan, asked my neighbour to bring round the note, in order that I would telephone Alan (Alan, was a Link Financial collections agent - I hold the note as evidence) - I did not phone Alan, I phoned my solicitor and reported the matter to Robert gardner @ Lambeth TS)

I CCA'd Link Financial, they povided an application form that has been deemed irredeemabely unenforceable by an emminent Barrister;

Link, were advised of this by my solicitor.

Link remain in Default of my CCA, as they have not provided all the documents that are required by section 78 CCA.

I have asked Link Financial repeatedly, to provide a valid credit agreement and all the documents as referred to in it;

I have asked Link Financial repeatedly, to provide me with documentary evidence providing proof that they are legally entitled to pursue the alleged debt and that it was legally assigned to them.

Link Finacial have chosen to ignore my, repeated requests.

Link Financial, continue to process incorrect & unwarranted data about the account with the CRA's, even though they have been repeatedly requested to cease or, at least mark the data as 'Under Query'.

I do NOT acknowledge any debt to Link Financial;

similarly, I do NOT acknowledge any debt to MBNA.

At this stage, I believe that both MBNA & Link Financial should be held accountable.

I could write much more, however, at this stage I believe the above is sufficient for the present purpose.

AC

Edited by angry cat
error

My thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/212677-thesis-gone-too-far.html

Total nightmare with them no response other than a letter acknowledging our complaint and promising a response within 28 working days (now at over 40!!!)

Complaint to OFT already in and have a thank you from them as well.

No response from any MPs to complaint really fed up and disillusioned with the whole system no one will take responsibility for this shower and no one will help us

Link have harassed me with phone calls and threatening letters on the back of a defective DN issued by GE Money. Take your house, take your car, take it off your salary, send a bailiff round to collect goods.

I have no house

My car is not on HP

I have no salary

I have no goods of any value

:mad:

Link to FCC's thread is HERE

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Firstly my apologies for the unapproved post ( I claim old timers disease! ).

Capital One sold my acount, as my enquiries now determine whilst commiting a breach of ICO Guidlines, to Link Financial. Neither companies have produced a true copy of the executed CCA. Link were informed that they could not chase the alleged debt or to pass my personal details to any other party. When getting a copy of my credit report I found that Link had changed the Capital One default into their name with total disregard to my instructions, this is now confirmed as also entered onto Experians records. I am now in the process of reporting these actions to ICO, TS, FSA and FOS. Q. Do I have to include all copies of relevant communications when sending off the complaint?

Hope this post is OK. regards

FCC, you can use the draft letter in the following link to make a complaint to the OFT. Yes, you need to include copies of either letters where they are not providing the agreement or a copy of the duff agreement if you have one.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/50-complaint-in-respect-of-dca-threat-re-expired-debt/101-complaint-in-respect-of-invalid-cca-agreement

There is also a further letter that all complaintants can use in respect of unfair practices used by DCAs, etc...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/155095-complain-oft-about-unfair.html

HTH

BCOBS

Thanks for that Cb. Unfortunately I can't get the form to open, the computer just gives me half a dozen reasons why. Is there a copy that you can post and I can take a copy from??. regards

Thanks AC. Have today posted complaint about Link Financial to OFT, FOS and TS. Poor old copier is on its knees but I have enclosed all correspondence in chronological order together with my covering letter and summation. Next is collation of evidence against Capital One for their part in this and then its the CRA's who all carry this unlawful default. Curiously I found in a letter from CrapOne dated back in 2001 " interest will be still added to your account but we will refund late payments and overlimit charges when the agreement is finished " Now, given that CrapOne ended the agreement does this mean that they owe me the late payments?? regards

Thanks for that Cb. Unfortunately I can't get the form to open, the computer just gives me half a dozen reasons why. Is there a copy that you can post and I can take a copy from??. regards

Not quite sure why you are having a problem with that link :confused: I am pleased you got it sorted in the end.

Sadly the library pages arent allowed to be reproduced on the open forum as they are for registered members only.. ie if you are not logged in with a user name, you dont get to see them.

BCOBS

Have just started a new thread aimed solely at collecting details of anyone who has been misdirected by Link to return paperwork to them and not the courts. Can one of the site team move this up so it sits at the start of this thread, that way the two threads can work in combination more effectively?

I was thinking if we can establish a pattern which is statistically unusual regarding the number of defendants in Link cases who return no paperwork to the court that would be of value. I'd be really interested to know just how many people have been duped by Link. I'm hoping this will form a different level of evidence which can support the group action, and a centralised repository of scanned misdirection letters would be of great value. You'll find it here:

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/185098-cap-one-passes-link.html

Post #57

My thread with relating probs concerning LINK FINANCIAL & recent response from MP/OFT - Peeps, You MUST complain! Will check in reguarly to try & keep thread recent. Take care, Mpols x

'Confidence grows & heartbeat slows to a steady stronger beat, as each member unites, against DCA fights & we all sail aboard the CAG fleet!' :rolleyes:

:pKeep smiling peeps!

Reply from OFT( abridged ): very sorry to hear of my difficulties, however, have no authority to become involved in disputes between consumers and traders. Under the CCA 1974, the OFT has a duty to consider the fitness of all traders who hold consumer credit licenses. In considering fitness we take into account whether a business has been engaged in improper business activities. Where we receive complaints about the business practises of licensees, we investigate them and where appropriate we take enforcement action; that action depends on the evidence and circumstances. Action the OFT can take includes revoking, refuing or suspending a license or placing conduct requirements on the licensees. I have noted the details of your complaint and will consider this alongside any other complaints we have received with a view of any licensing action we may decide to take.

Reply from FOS: Acknowledgement Thank you for your correspondence which has been received safely. We are currently receiving very high volumes of enquiries ( about Link I hope!! ) and we will provide you with a full response as soon as we can. If you need to contact us in the meantime please quote ref:

Reply from TS: this was a telephone call and a brief discussion, most of which I have already forgotten but I do remember some bits that indicate to me a distinct hazy knowledge of the CCA 1974 and its requirements. Have asked for the response in writing to confirm my doubts.

regards

Reply from OFT( abridged ): very sorry to hear of my difficulties, however, have no authority to become involved in disputes between consumers and traders. Under the CCA 1974, the OFT has a duty to consider the fitness of all traders who hold consumer credit licenses. In considering fitness we take into account whether a business has been engaged in improper business activities. Where we receive complaints about the business practises of licensees, we investigate them and where appropriate we take enforcement action; that action depends on the evidence and circumstances. Action the OFT can take includes revoking, refuing or suspending a license or placing conduct requirements on the licensees. I have noted the details of your complaint and will consider this alongside any other complaints we have received with a view of any licensing action we may decide to take.

Reply from FOS: Acknowledgement Thank you for your correspondence which has been received safely. We are currently receiving very high volumes of enquiries ( about Link I hope!! ) and we will provide you with a full response as soon as we can. If you need to contact us in the meantime please quote ref:

Reply from TS: this was a telephone call and a brief discussion, most of which I have already forgotten but I do remember some bits that indicate to me a distinct hazy knowledge of the CCA 1974 and its requirements. Have asked for the response in writing to confirm my doubts.

regards

Aren't they appalling:eek:

regards

How Astonishing!

Please see the following communication received by emandcole:

Northampton Trading Standards have now officially joined the party but also feel it is a job for the OFT.

Dear Mr,

Link Financial Ltd

Thank you for your letter dated the 23rd September 2009. Caerphilly Trading Standards also referred your letter to us as you are not a Caerphilly resident.

I have discussed your complaint with Robert gardner at Lambeth Trading Standards. We believe the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) are the most appropriate organisation to deal with your complaint under the credit licensing provisions. I understand from your letter and from speaking to Robert Gardner the OFT are aware of your complaint.

Although the OFT do not respond to individual complaints they do look at a companies fitness to hold a licence if they receive complaints from consumers.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Yours Sincerely,

Linda Cartwright

Fair Trading Officer

cc Robert Gardner, Lambeth trading Standards".

I believe that the above speaks volumes.

AC

We are currently receiving very high volumes of enquiries ( about Link I hope!! )

they've published figures which show that link don't even feature on their radar, unfortunately. that is the point of this thread - to see how widespread the problems are.

so far we are at eight I think. quite crap really. Honestly, if you are having problems and you sit on your ass doing jack about them them you only have yourself to blame. Pathetic.