**COMPLAINTS** Link Financial

batman1956
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

New to this site! Thanks for your advise so far , took some reading, but now i do need to post!

LINK - TW**s

They issued us with a letter saying that we need to pay them with no dates, back in august- when we phone up they were dam right rude as they have been to everyone else, wont deal with payaplan happy to take money put taking to court for non payment and accountin default... they then sent us a letter for court not even a letter before action... payplan filled it all in , a ccj was issued by northamptn bulk office, with a fee of £96 when we can only pay £38, so we sent a letter to court asking for reconsideration its now in our local court and awaiting court date, we did issue a cca to link but they didint provide the details in the 12+2 days and now some 30-35 day letter they have sent what we asked for .....my question is even after they have accj can we still ask for it to be set aside as they didint have the proof and we only filled the papers as payplan advised us to...??

2. we als have anothe debt with GE that has been passed over to link, we sent a cca straight away again they failed to provide the details and they have just send us the details the deadline date was 6th oct, will that be in default? QUESTION: can they still chase us for the money if in default? What would our next pkan of action be on both accounts??

They did tell me that they was going for acharging order on the house?, do dea with debt managment kans, ive reported to TS , but TS advsied not to report to OFT as they only deal with financial companies not DCA!

IF THEY ISSUE COURT PAPERS WE INTEND TO DEFNED BUT WHAT WOULD OUR DEFENCE BE AS THEY HAVE SENT THE PAPER WORK FOR BOTH ACCOUNTS NOW JUST NOT IN THE TIME SCALE GIVEN...

PLEASE ADVISE ASAP; THANKS

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also love to see these cowboys shut down.

I had dealings with them myself a few years back where they phoned my mums neighbour asked him to pass a message to my mum to give to me, I phoned them (didnt know who they were) and it wasnt even me they were after it was my old housemate at another address, and they wanted me to give them his address/phone no. I went nuts at them and their only reply was - well if your parents had a listed no we would have rung them instead of the neighbour - I was furious!

I phoned and asked them who their ceo was to make a complaint and was told it was a secret :shock:

I spoke to my ex housemate and he said they can swivel its the 1st time anyone had attempted to contact him in over 8yrs!!!

So IMO I hope link get what they deserve.

I posted this on a thread a while ago now.

Yesterday I got a letter to MY address (addressed to my ex housemate- at a different address I might add we moved out when the owner sold back in 2005ish) from link saying

Dear Mr Minmacs ex housemate! Peek a boo We have found you, phone us urgently!!

With what they done above a few yrs back, and now writing to my address, I feel its me being chased for this! lol.

I have filed the letter accordingly :D:D

Edited by minmac
spelling mistakes

HI ALL REF.LINK FINANCIAL HOPE THIS HELPS.

1. GOT A LETTER FROM LINK FINACIAL SAYING THEY HAD OBTAINED MY DEBT FROM GE MONEY and now I must pay them total amount and they got my details from land regestry and are going to apply a charging order to my house.

2. went to CAB to find out what this is all about.

3. CAB contact link financial.

4, get CC papers served on my by LF from Northampton County Court bulk center.

4.Try talking to LF proves to be a waist of time and money but get the following "your case is on hold and we are contacting GE Mony for further information"

several calls to LF to inform that GE money were all ready dealing with PAY PLAN and had no rite to sell on my dept to LF as in dispute and GE Money took my reduced payment but refused to talk with PAY PLAN and carried on with threating letters and charging intrest(?)

5. take Northampton County Court papers to CAB regarding charging order.

CAB are allso told case is on hold waiting for info from GE Money regarding intersst and PPI etc.

6. CAB do not submit my defence to northampton ??????????????

at time of going to CAB with court papers I pointed out that I had to respond to NCC (bulk center) within seven days or LF will get the court order in their favou.......

7. for some reason CAB did not send in my responce to court summons ???????????????? and they now say in their defence that they were reassured by LF that case was on hold and had not had any further communication from LF

8. get letter from NCC bulk center that LF win there court action by DEFAULT£££££££££££ Now full amont is due pluss cort fees thanks to CAB not acting in the required maner as I pointed out to them in the first place £5,750 pluss pounds and £150 court fees........thanks very much CAB!!!!!!

In a long and very angry phone call to Northampton County Court saying that my defence was not sent in thanks to CAB they then put me intouch with Leagal advice line and I am now applying for legal aid and trying to get the whole sorry mess set aside by the court.....

9. next letter from LF that they now have a court order heard in a local court in WHALES .....(I live in Essex ENGLAND) and they are now leagally going to charge me interest at 19.95 % as well as charging order on my house and the court fees.....

I feel very angry that CAB let me down very badly and did not give me the correct advice or submit my defence....

So how do i make a formal complaint to the way LF deliberatly set out to decieve me and the Citizens Advice??? hope this is of use

Flaminscotty.......

Edited by flaminscoty
remove

To all regardig LINK FINANCIAL.

as far as I am concearned LF have lied to me and to the CAB!

LF went to court Northampton Bulk center and a court summons was sent to my home address.

They are now applying to a local court in Wales to get a charging order on my house and charge me interst at 19.95 % pluss court fees £170.

I went to my local CAB and their so called Financial expert was expected by me to respond to the court summons with a prepaired defence. He failed to respond, and LF won the case by default without any responce being sent by CAB(advice please)?

CAB now claim that LF assured them that the case was on hold (as they did to me on more than three ocasions by phone).

The next thing I know is the day I open a letter from Northampton County Court to say LF win there case by default as no responce was sent to the court within 7 days full amont now due pluss cort fees added.

when I contacted link to ask why they assured me the case was on hold and that they would notify me when they had got the relavent info from GE Money... This now apperas to be a blatent untrouth as they went to court at the same time as telling me and the CAB that the case was on hold!!!!! I then complained to Northampton court and they put me in touch with the legal advice line and a solicitor from them says that LF have acted in a deceatfull way by lieing to me and the CAB on more than one ocasion coments please.

Flaminscotty.

Edited by flaminscoty
spelling

To all regardig LINK FINANCIAL.

as far as I am concearned LF have lied to me and to the CAB!

LF went to court Northampton Bulk center and a court summons was sent to my home address.

They are now applying to a local court in Wales to get a charging order on my house and charge me interst at 19.95 % pluss court fees £170.

I went to my local CAB and their so called Financial expert was expected by me to respond to the court summons with a prepaired defence. He failed to respond, and LF won the case by default without any responce being sent by CAB(advice please)?

CAB now claim that LF assured them that the case was on hold (as they did to me on more than three ocasions by phone).

The next thing I know is the day I open a letter from Northampton County Court to say LF win there case by default as no responce was sent to the court within 7 days full amont now due pluss cort fees added.

when I contacted link to ask why they assured me the case was on hold and that they would notify me when they had got the relavent info from GE Money... This now apperas to be a blatent untrouth as they went to court at the same time as telling me and the CAB that the case was on hold!!!!! I then complained to Northampton court and they put me in touch with the legal advice line and a solicitor from them says that LF have acted in a deceatfull way by lieing to me and the CAB on more than one ocasion coments please.

Flaminscotty.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/162255-link-financial-limited-69.html

See post number 1364

With regards to the postcards why not produce your own, with suitable insulting remarks enboldened and tell hem to telephone your next least popular DCA. Proper job!! I'll get me coat. :rolleyes:

Hi Flaminscotty, you would be better to start your own thread on this and you will get a lot more help that way specific to your problems.

Magda

MAGDA, this member has already started a thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/229766-problem-link-finacial.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2546349.html

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

FCC has received a reply from trading standards.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Guest blackie

Abbey sold our debt on to Link, who became a living nightmare.

A neighbour came round to my house with a note;

apparently, asking me to call this number urgently and quote this number,

Alan, asked my neighbour to bring round the note, in order that I would telephone Alan (Alan, was a Link Financial collections agent

I CCA'd Link Financial,

Link remain in Default of my CCA, as they have not provided all the documents that are required by section 78 CCA.

I have asked Link Financial repeatedly, to provide a valid credit agreement and all the documents as referred to in it;

I have asked Link Financial repeatedly, to provide me with documentary evidence providing proof that they are legally entitled to pursue the alleged debt and that it was legally assigned to them.

Link Finacial have chosen to ignore my, repeated requests.

Link have also go t CCJ registered against me, they asked me to return the court papers to them. Stupidly I did.

Now Abbey state that they own the debt not Link. Yes I have this in writing from them. Which to me means that the CCJ registered was and is actually fruadulent.

Both companies need investigating.

Abbey sold our debt on to Link, who became a living nightmare.

A neighbour came round to my house with a note;

apparently, asking me to call this number urgently and quote this number,

Alan, asked my neighbour to bring round the note, in order that I would telephone Alan (Alan, was a Link Financial collections agent

I CCA'd Link Financial,

Link remain in Default of my CCA, as they have not provided all the documents that are required by section 78 CCA.

I have asked Link Financial repeatedly, to provide a valid credit agreement and all the documents as referred to in it;

I have asked Link Financial repeatedly, to provide me with documentary evidence providing proof that they are legally entitled to pursue the alleged debt and that it was legally assigned to them.

Link Finacial have chosen to ignore my, repeated requests.

Link have also go t CCJ registered against me, they asked me to return the court papers to them. Stupidly I did.

Now Abbey state that they own the debt not Link. Yes I have this in writing from them. Which to me means that the CCJ registered was and is actually fruadulent.

Both companies need investigating.

REPORT Link to the OFT!!!

Hi to all following this thread,

have as of todays date reported LF to OFT.

going to be getting legal advice from Leagal Advice line details suplied by northampton county court bulk center.

will post on thread!

Hope to start super complaint with CAB!

will let you all know how I get on in the meentime any advice will allways be welcom......how do i start a thread again as I am a bit rusty and my nerves are shot.....

All the best to you all

Flaminscoty.....

• 2 weeks later...

My complaint about link financial and mbna at witch I am at dispute

It all Started with misleading phone call followed by letter demanding two thousand plus pounds.

For a credit card / store card, debt as it now states on my credit file with amounts for alleged debt that don’t add up (breach of the data protection principle requiring personal data to be adequate, relevant)

Never received cancellation notice

Never received default notice

Never had any confirmation of debt been sold on

Non compliance of sar under dater protection act

It all Started with misleading phone call followed by letter demanding two thousand plus pounds.

For a credit card / store card, debt as it now states on my credit file with amounts for alleged debt that don’t add up (breach of the data protection principle requiring personal data to be adequate, relevant)

:

Never received cancellation notice"

Was this an internet application?

AC

Guest blackie

Trust me the debt will not have been sold to Link, only passed to them for collection. MBNA and Abbey are known for this unscrupulous behaviour. You may pay Link, but MBNA still own the debt rest assured. Tell Link to sling their hook, by asking for the assignment deed, this must not say that the debt is equitable. ( which trust me if they even have one it will) Keep all correspondence from this low life DCA (Link). The OFT are investigating this lot. Next you will receive post cards, saying call 'Fred' urgently... **** bags or what.

Log everything, don't pay these people a penny.

After my request to mbna by phone Mbna sent me an agreement from alliance &Lester, 2 pages of copy of alleged signed agreement but on page one of 4 it says in bold personalised application form but along side in the next paragraph it says credit agreement

After my request to mbna by phone Mbna sent me an agreement from alliance &Lester, 2 pages of copy of alleged signed agreement but on page one of 4 it says in bold personalised application form but along side in the next paragraph it says credit agreement

Hi livelifelovit!

Firstly, you need to start your own thread and post up copies of the documents that you have been sent:

MBNA/LINK FINANCIAL will suffice.

However, keep posting up on this thread as well.

Now, if I were you, then I would make a written CCA request to MBNA and enclose the stautory £1 fee; Mark the payment: CCA Statutory Fee ONLY.

I would also, make a FULL SAR to MBNA requesting any and all historic data that relates to the account; quote the account number.

The Statutory fee payable for the SAR is £10; Mark the payment SAR stautory Fee Only.

In short, you are entitled to be provided to ALL information relating to your A&L account, serviced by MBNA.

Take the reins here, once you make these written requests, MBNA are obligated to comply!

Telephone calls don't happen, written words do...

Please be sure to send all correspondence by Recorded Delivery and, keep copies of everything.

AC

Edited by angry cat
addition