MS CCA Found

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Say you are making your payment with out prejudice and with admitting liability and merely to bring this unfortunate matter to an end. That should do, but make sure they are making the offer in full and final settlement - I would also ask them to clean up your credit file btw.

If it means that they can sell the debt on to some other pond life then 'full' and 'final' have taken on new meanings.

Just one question - if they cant enforce, sitting it out is an option. They dont have anything that would get an enforcement order - the fact they are offering you 30% in f&f is about as clear a signal as that as you will get. This is a decision only you could take - but it is an option. Another one might be to offer them 10%, but only if they clean up your credit file.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

agree with SFU

thank them for their letter accepting your settlement offer and advise them this offer is being made on the acceptance that they are accepting this as a full and final offer and they they or any other company will not be seeking any payment for the remainder of the balance and that it is clearly marked as settled or that all default markers are removed from your credit file (which may be a bit harder to obtain).

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 1 year later...

Hi

This is a werid one - Just checked my credit fill and some how my M&S account is no longer there ? The file is marked a default has been removed - issue is I haven't done anything ?

Just been sent a letter from a DCA about the account and was about to send the "show me the CCA please" letter but certainly haven't cleared anything - should I worry ??

S

I would wait and see what happens next. There are many worse things that can happen to you besides the removal of a default from your record. I would wait and see what happens next. Hopefully nothing. If it does start up again (and this thread has been quiet for nearly 18 months now) then you know what to do - show us the goods. If they are going to press on you wont have long to wait, but removing the default and setting a DCA on you does seem a bit contradictory.

I'm not really on here much to my shame and not sure if this is connected, but most of my DCA friends have gone to ground with other debts but the M&S debt has been passed round some many DCA's I'm losing count. I'm getting on average a letter a week, from the usual suspects. Has something happened at M&S HQ that I don't know about?

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!