Worried about landlord credit check!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Me and my boyfriend are looking into renting our first property together. I have a less then perfect credit score of about 520 with one default and my boyfriend is in the low 600's. We can provide references and wage slips from our employers. I have been wih mine a year and he has been with his just over 2 years. I am in administration and he works in accounts, just worried that despite all this nowhere will accept us as we have no previous landlords (apart from our parents :shock:) and our credit scores are not up to much! Any advice appreciated

Thanks

x

i have just passed my credit check with a letting agent, i was bricking it as my husbands credit rating is not very good and mine had one default but we still passed, even if you dont pass if you can get one of your parents to guarentor you then you should be ok.

A lot of agencies will simply ask for a slightly higher deposit if you fail the credit check, so there are ways around it. As far as I'm aware, though, the check is not really done on credit scoring. They tend to use public records and look for CCJs etc, so you should hopefully be fine. Good luck! :)