Exhasted Abbey what now

bach
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, Iv been going through the process of claiming the charges back from Abbey, now exhasted every avenue.

We have no Mortgage with them or anyone else now, both retired and strugling.

Abbey offered to pay £95 Mortgage exit fee back, but not the £3490.00

requested for charges that they applied

Would like to take it further though the Courts, but as cases are stayed, will go on for ages sitting in the system.

Can anyone recomeded any other action to force their hand.

ALL ADVICE APPRECIATED THANK YOU BACH

PS THERE SEEMS AN UN BELEIVABLE AMOUNT OF CAGS TRYING TO GET CHARGES BACK FROM ABBEY,WITHOUT MUCH SUCCESS

Dear Bach,

forgive me if I seem like I'm stating the obvious (its my first post on the forum and I'm very new to all this), but have you tried approaching the Abbey through the 'hardship' route? I don't want to assume that you already know of this angle of trying 'sidestep' the banks' way of forestalling customers from reclaiming their charges, as I only recently discovered this potential option myself. This was through Martin Lewis's excellent moneysaving expert guides/info. As I'm still in the very first throes of embarking upon this route, I can't really share much with you in terms of personal experience, I can only advise you see the website, guides and templates for yourself and follow them to the letter! The first thing I've done (and as yet have heard nothing from my offending bank... albeit, I'm still well within the 40 day deadline) is to write to the bank and enclosed a £10.00 postal order with the letter, requesting a schedule of charges for the previous six years, prior to and including up to, August 27 2007. Good luck with your claim and persevere. Best wishes, Cat

Hi Andrew 2007 and Catinahat,

Thanks for taking time out to answer my problem.

Monday I did start to make a claim through the Court, just getting everything together.

I have tried the hardship route, they do not want to know, just sticking to thier guns saying these charges were applies lawfully and refers us to their terms and conditions. More or less said they were not chairty.

Anyway on its way to Court.

Catinahat, great that you,r getting involved, keep up the good work, loads of stuff to learn. Iv been to Court 5 times with A & L representing myself, I would never have done that before I joined CAGS, I still manage to be on the winning side of my case at the moment, I actually quite enjoyed it, Judge has stayed the case until April 2010, pending the outcome from the banks etc.

Thanks anway for yr advice

Lynn