Any thoughts??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Earlier this year I booked a package deal to New York through Thomson travel agency. I was meant to go in October, but was contacted in June (4 months after I made the booking) to be told that there was an number of changes to my flights including a stop over in France, bringing my travel time from 7 hours to 12 hours. I was unhappy at this, and told the Thomson employee who phoned me about that I would visit the branch to discuss this.

After visiting the branch, they claimed that I may be able to cancel my holiday but would face a cancellation fee...I was not happy with this but would have accepted this as I did NOT want these flights.

A few days later the branch contacted me to tell that I would not be entitled to any money back if I cancelled as I had 'agreed' to the flight changes. At no point did I ever agree, however the phone operator told the flight company I had and now I cannot get a refund.

I contacted citizen advice and a lawyer who both told me Thomson were in the wrong, and under there advice I wrote a letter to a branch requesting a reply within 14 days. The branch never got back to me. I then wrote to TUI head office, once again asking for a reply within 7 days, and once again I was ignored.

This has been going on for 3 months now and has left me stressed and anxious. All I am looking for is my money back, like under law I should have been offered when the flights were changed.

Even If i was going on the holiday, Thomson still have not sent the new tickets and I was meant to go in 3 weeks.

I have now taken my complaint to ABTA and sent them copies of ALL information to do with the case. They asked me to send all the replies that Thomson had sent me, to which I had to write a letter back explaining I never recived anything from them.

I want to know if anyone has been in a similar position or has dealt with ABTA and what are the chances of me getting my money back?? My lawyer advised me that if I still dont get my money back I can go to the small claims court, but this is stress Id rather avoid.

Thanks

Guest Old_andrew2018

Thomson must have one of the worst customer service departments, they either don't reply or give a load of BS.

I've an ongoing complaint they first claimed not to have received my letter when I telephoned to ask why I had not received an acknowledgement to my complaint.

I then stated to send all communication recorded, it hasn't stopped the BS, but good luck.

Andy