NHS blunder? Northwick Park Hospital

kellyjo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I want to pursue a negligence case against Northwick Park Hospital over the lack of treatment for gout, which has resulted in me being nearly crippled & needing new knees. Although I am confident I have a case for negligence on the hospitals part, I have been informed by my solicitor & the hospital that I may be out of time in respect of Limitation. My argument, one that the solicitor tentatively agreed with, is that although my first appointment was in 2001 I was not aware of the negligence until 2005, when I was forced through persistent pain in my knees to have an Arthroscopy which revealed the extensive damage to my cartilage, due to gout crystals.

I demanded to see another consultant at a different hospital and was referred to Ealing. The consultant there read my notes and we discussed my case. He was appalled at the treatment I had received from NPH, and hence is treating me very differently (info if required). I have a lot more I could write but it would complicate matters. No one seems to want to take my case on, on a ‘no-win no-fee basis’.

Do you think I have a chance with this if I were to pursue it paying the costs myself?

Any advice, general or professional would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Nick

Kellyjo