Capital (one) Justice

johnerog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Diddy and CitB and all.

Agreed; but when did this law change was it for agreements after 2006 or before?

Also: time to give thought to the next stage. I don't think for one minute that Cap One are going to fold on my demands. They have admitted in writing they have no agreement so is there any point in going for s142 or do I go for an SAR and then sue for chrges and interest? Could I just sue via MCOL?

Suggestions please....(and keep them clean)

as far as i know it has ALWAYS been the case that both signatures are required

and as far as i know it has always been the case that if the creditors signature was missing it has not been sufficient for the debtor to get the agreement nullified because of it

the court will ask itself in what way you were disadvantaged by the lack of the creditors signature? (which often is no more than a stamp in any event)

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Diddy

I've dug out the HBOS V Mitchell from June 1st 09. Interesting reading, I Quote para.4.

Having regard to the date of the agreement made in this case, which was prior to amendments made to the act which took effect from 5th April 2007, the result of non compliance with Sec 61(1)(a) would be that the CC agreement would be unenforceable against the defendant.

Now; I do not know if this has been challenged on appeal!!

Opinions anyone, and please give thought to next step.

Hello Diddy

I've dug out the HBOS V Mitchell from June 1st 09. Interesting reading, I Quote para.4.

Having regard to the date of the agreement made in this case, which was prior to amendments made to the act which took effect from 5th April 2007, the result of non compliance with Sec 61(1)(a) would be that the CC agreement would be unenforceable against the defendant.

Now; I do not know if this has been challenged on appeal!!

Opinions anyone, and please give thought to next step.

no its very relevant also makes it clear that the PT's must be on the signature document as in an application form

also makes it clear what the result on costs will be if the creditor persists in litigation when it has been made clear to them what the failings are pre trila

BOS (Halifax) came within a whisker of being in abuse of process

very useful to send any creditor a copy of this if they are trying to rely on an appl form for an agreement

Hello All. News just in......

In the last couple of days i have had a letter from Capquest ans Cap one,

Both threatening of course.

Letter from Cap-one tells me that they are cancelling my agreement. What agreement? They have already admitted they don't have one.

Letter from capquest tells me i am a naughty boy and they might sue me!!

I sent an e-mail to that nice Mr. Berman explaining that as they had passed my details to a third party without my permission they were in breach of the data protection act, and by the way if I don't get my cheque by tomorrow you are in contempt of court... No reply as yet.

I sent Capquest a copy of the court order and e-mail admitting no agreement. I also explained that they had breached the DPA and if they contact me again I will sue them using the admin of justice act (and maybe the Harassment Act.

Such fun..

Oh dear...

They ARE misbehaving aren't they? How will they react when you notify them, correctly of course, that violations of s.1 of The Harassment Act carry CRIMINAL penalties not civil ones. Will that put them back in their box?

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

Oh dear...

They ARE misbehaving aren't they? How will they react when you notify them, correctly of course, that violations of s.1 of The Harassment Act carry CRIMINAL penalties not civil ones. Will that put them back in their box?

Well, well EIE I did not realise that.

Many thanks.

Law of offer and acceptance. I will try to post later on this. Your entitlement to rely on offers made. Court enforcement I'm afraid. They will blink first.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

Law of offer and acceptance. I will try to post later on this. Your entitlement to rely on offers made. Court enforcement I'm afraid. They will blink first.

Glad your here EIE. I think Cap One have made a boo boo!

I should explain. When I went to the court the afternoon before the hearing was due to explain we had reached agreement I was told that i was too late to Vacate as there was no judge in the building.

The following day I attended to explain in person and the judge said ok but he made the cost payment A COURT ORDER giving today as the last day.

I don't think I have to rely on offers made. I think they are in contempt.

John, have you got a copy of the cost order. If so, you could initially write a polite letter and enclose a copy of the order. Ask for a cheque to be made payable within 7 days or you will be exploring your options.

That gives us a few days to work out what those options are :confused::lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Please tell me you are going to have to send the bailiffs in. Go on. Please!

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Please tell me you are going to have to send the bailiffs in. Go on. Please!

might do :rolleyes::lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hello all

I'm thinking of a winding up order; anybody know anything about it???

Erm, winding up as in "mess with brain" :lol:or winding up as in "take away their business":confused:

I imagine that one will be a lot of fun and the other quite expensive:)

BCOBS

Erm, winding up as in "mess with brain" :lol:or winding up as in "take away their business":confused:

I imagine that one will be a lot of fun and the other quite expensive:)

I once worked with a big company that owed a small company money. small company got court order which was ignored. Small company got winding-up order. Big company had to change trousers and it cost them thousands of pounds to put it right. Big company never ignored small company again; any small company.

I haven't looked into it properly yet. Just a thought.

I once worked with a big company that owed a small company money. small company got court order which was ignored. Small company got winding-up order. Big company had to change trousers and it cost them thousands of pounds to put it right. Big company never ignored small company again; any small company.

I haven't looked into it properly yet. Just a thought.

Well if you go this route, I reckon you could sell enough tickets:lol:

BCOBS

Hmm perhaps the press would like to know about the fact a debt collection agency is not paying off its own debts :-)

perhaps in the next round of communications a suggestion you'll contact the media (national press) and inform them of the story of how disreputable this company is it cant even settle its own debts.

S.

Best wishes

Post back up Basa48 after the hearing. If it takes place...:D

I've a feeling you'll be their favourite person today.

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Well I have a CCJ against SDFC and after my letter to their CEO they are cr*ppng themselves to get it set aside ( http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/222131-opposing-set-aside.html ).

PS: Hearing Thursday !!

I think we should have a Cagger of the month. I vote basa if this works out well.

All power to you Bas.

How long should I give them to pay me do you think; how about Monday?

Afternoon all.

The post has arrived, no cheque. I have e-mailed Starr and Berman telling them they have until Monday to:

1. Pay me or i start enforcement proceeding

2. Let me have the promised response to my proposals or we start again in court.

I sent a copy of the court order, and asked for copy statements. I won't hold my breath on the statements as they will probably want a tenner out of me, but it might be some thing a little extra to produce in court, who knows.