From the Sunday Times

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know news of this has been posted elsewhere, but the Sunday Times today says that 100,000 claims of unenforceability have been put on hold pending test cases.

I (foolishly) signed up to a claims management company on Friday, but can get my up front fees back within fourteen days, which is exactly what I'm going to do.

The link is here: Judge to freeze credit claims

The issue is not the issue of enforceability - but merely whether an unenforceable agreement can be put onto a credit file.

I'm really not at all sure whether the figure of cases on hold is true

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The article on that link is completely MISLEADING!

The test case was NOT about enforceability. It was about whether the bank can register defaults with credit reference agencies while they have not provided a copy of the credit agreement upon request. The credit agreement itself was eventually produced by the bank and was in fact enforceable. Its enforceability was not challenged by the borrower.

The Judge himself said that this was not a good test case because the credit agreement was indeed enforceable.

For enforceability, there is a ruling by the House of Lords from several years ago that cannot be challenged.

If the credit agreement has serious flaws = unenforceable. End of!