What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to post along the same lines as bona. What a rotten day.

Not sure what you mean with your post BB, but I get the feeling you're about as happy as me with things today.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I was going to post along the same lines as bona. What a rotten day.

Not sure what you mean with your post BB, but I get the feeling you're about as happy as me with things today.

It's a quote from HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy Caro. But yes, I'm having a REALLY cr*p time :(

Ah sorry. Haven't read or seen that one. Chin up chuck. :wink:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

It's a quote from HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy Caro. But yes, I'm having a REALLY cr*p time :(

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

That one should hopefully make you feel a little better :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

This entire week has made me want to do more than swear!! It started on Tuesday - my birthday. Only had a visit from my parents. One sister didn't even bother to text me. I got my latest smear test result - it looks like the pre cancerous changes are back. Wednesday I realised how skint we are but kept getting phonecalls off people wanting money. Worked all last night, to then be told today that I'm being let go at the end of the month. Fan-bloody-tastic!!

No job, debts out my ears, another cancer scare and a rubbish birthday!! All in one week!!!

Please excuse me while I go and slit my wrists in the bath!!!!

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

Kitten and Nysti, I hope you are going to put yourselves on top of the list and contact the GP to start your recoveries.

If companies contact you Kitten tell them you are sorting out your health first before you will deal with them.

Edited by determindator

This entire week has made me want to do more than swear!! It started on Tuesday - my birthday. Only had a visit from my parents. One sister didn't even bother to text me. I got my latest smear test result - it looks like the pre cancerous changes are back. Wednesday I realised how skint we are but kept getting phonecalls off people wanting money. Worked all last night, to then be told today that I'm being let go at the end of the month. Fan-bloody-tastic!!

No job, debts out my ears, another cancer scare and a rubbish birthday!! All in one week!!!

Please excuse me while I go and slit my wrists in the bath!!!!

But you're here amongst peeps who are in similar boats and we can all offer each other support and a hand to hold through the rough times. Deep breath and hold on, it's gonna be bumpy ride. Oh, and Big Birfday Wishes for last Tuesday x

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Happy birthday Kitten1. Read this thread here for some great advice on dealing with DCA's and cheering you up at the same time.

The pro-active steps that I'd take to dealing with these debts,

1st get a copy of credit report (either £2 statutory one, or free trial of credit expert *remember to cancel within 1st month to keep the credit expert trial free)

2nd, any credit cards / loans, write to them asking if there was any PPI on any of them, and if so, can they refund it with interest as it was mis sold.

3rd, any that respond and did not have PPI, send a CCA request.

4th, any that respond with a valid contract, offer them a token affordable payments every month.

5th and finally, If you get some cash back from mis sold PPI, start haggling with the ones that have a valid contract to get your full and final repayment down to a minimum (write offering 5%, then upping it to 10%... keep going until they either all accept and are cleared, or until you've no PPI cash left. Keep all of this writing, and any offer is made subject to them removing negative information from your credit file.

Please don't feel bad about your situation, us CAGers have all got the tee shirt and are or were in the same boat. Keep pro-active, and even have some fun with it. This is a game of cat and mouse, and the sooner you realize that you are the cat, the DCA's the mice, the more fun it becomes.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Ah thank you all sooo much!! I'm almost crying again over the thoughtfulness of strangers xxxx

I've sort of made an action plan for today. I've got 4 hrs before I need to pick the baby up for his hospital appointment.

So, I'm going to phone my employer and see if there's anything I can do to get them to reconsider their decision. Haven't told hubby yet that I'm loosing my job so if this call doesn't go well then that will be tonights 'lovely' job!

Debt collectors don't generally bother me. Been dealing with them now for over a year. But when you feel down, it's all magnified. Then, I need to do some letter writing after speaking to work. The content of these letters is all dependant on the phone call to work!!

Better get started then.... Wish me luck xxx

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

Best of luck Kitten, and keep us informed of your progress.

There are lots of peeps here who can guide you through taking back some control.

Fingers crossed for your job x

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Got no chance of receiving my two kids passports in time for us to fly next Friday. F*****G Passport Office.

What a waste of money for the flights and the passports.:-x

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

That's strange Sodem. Kiddies passports are usually sorted within a few days. Do you live near the passport office at all? Maybe make an appt there to chivvy them up?

Oh n my boss wasn't in today so spent nearly two hours composing a letter of appeal to her. Basically, I'm in my probationary period and someone has had the knife out for me for some reason. I've got a pretty good idea who it is mind ;). And, boss has decided that she doesn't want to keep me on any longer.

I've taken the letter into work ready for her whenever she decides to next go in.

That's strange Sodem. Kiddies passports are usually sorted within a few days. Do you live near the passport office at all? Maybe make an appt there to chivvy them up?

That's one of the many mistakes. We are in Liverpool and there is an office here. But somehow, our applications have ended up in Newport??????

Also, we phoned them today and they said they have wrote to our witness to ask them for more information. We asked "what sort of information", and they said they can't bring the letter up on screen and to wait until she receices it. She still hasn't got anything.

What baffles me is that my eldest sons passport is just a renewal but his brothers is his first. Eldest has gone to print, bur the youngest has caused all the problems. It was heartbreaking telling them we are no longer going away. It was their first time flying.:-(

The first mistake was ours as we put an original birth certificate in, but it didn't have parents details on it. We paid money that same day we find out and went to our local office. They said they would put it on priority. I guess that means 3 months rather than the usual 2.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

'Hello mr and mrs magpie" AGAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Please stop eating my bedroom window, it farts when the wind gets up and we get cold because you eating the sealant is letting the air in.

Whats wrong with the new bird table in the back garden, fat balls and all !!!!!!!!!

As I am supersticous and have OCD you appearing again and again is going to wear me out:roll:

I recieved a few letters. 1x court fines, 1x court order rent arrears- pay £50 by.., 1x letter from a4e, 1xbank statement, 1xjobcentre benefit deductions letter. I' also waiting on a call from my solicitors to discuss my court appearance next week for Breach of community order.

I've never been so well behaved in my life. ****it.