What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

People who drive at 40mph whatever the speed limit. Got stuck behind one such today. In the national speed limit we were doing 40 when it would have been safe to travel at 60, but come the villages where there is a 30mph limit, this a**ehole was still doing 40. Aaaarrrggghhh!

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That can be as dangerous as speeding Fred!

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

I know, it causes frustration. What really bugged me about today was that I know that at the end of the first village we came to, there is an opportunity to overtake, but to be able to do that I would have had to have been right behind, which means I too would have to drive at 40 through the village. People who drive like that should be banned for life with no appeal IMO.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Trying to get help for my daughter who is now only able to walk a few steps. She's been waiting for an operation for 12 months after initially being told that nothing could be done 12 months before that.

Out of desperation paid privately to be told operation available. Promised op on NHS within 3 months as urgent.Not informed that she could not go on NHS list as she had been seen privately. Trouble was nobody told her and left her to find this out 6 months later.

The whole episode is so disturbing. I am really worried about the attitude of some people within the NHS. Thank God for someone this afternoon being very helpful. Hopefully will have a date for surgery to morrow.

Having to take medication to get through the day. My boss is being a right arse in regards to my disability,

You should get yourself some evidence of your boss doing this Nystagmite, there are laws against that! The smell coming from some sealant the joiner used today made me want to swear!

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

Our local council. This morning on the main road close to me there was a dead fox. I am in the middle of a town, not in a rural area. The fox was dead and crushed,but not completely flattened. Its head was sticking up in the air, and there was a lot of blood. It was directly opposite a primary school almost by the pedestrian crossing. It must have been seen by dozens of small children. I called the council just after 9.00 a.m. and asked them to send someone to clear it up. At 2.00 p.m. it was still there, and I called the council again who said they would deal with it as a matter of urgency. At 8.00 p.m. tonight it was still there. I went to check from a considerable distance with my daughter who said, "You can still see its face, Mummy." (We were a good 50 yards away as I wouldn't have wanted her to see too much.) I called again, and this time pointed out that if a motorcyclist skids on the fox tonight, bearing in mind it is dark and wet and windy, he or she could be killed or paralysed for life. I'm absolutely appalled. I hope it has been cleared up by tomorrow morning. :mad2::mad2::mad2:

Car tax due, got the letter reminder today. . . . Grrrrrr

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Our local council. This morning on the main road close to me there was a dead fox. I am in the middle of a town, not in a rural area. The fox was dead and crushed,but not completely flattened. Its head was sticking up in the air, and there was a lot of blood. It was directly opposite a primary school almost by the pedestrian crossing. It must have been seen by dozens of small children. I called the council just after 9.00 a.m. and asked them to send someone to clear it up. At 2.00 p.m. it was still there, and I called the council again who said they would deal with it as a matter of urgency. At 8.00 p.m. tonight it was still there. I went to check from a considerable distance with my daughter who said, "You can still see its face, Mummy." (We were a good 50 yards away as I wouldn't have wanted her to see too much.) I called again, and this time pointed out that if a motorcyclist skids on the fox tonight, bearing in mind it is dark and wet and windy, he or she could be killed or paralysed for life. I'm absolutely appalled. I hope it has been cleared up by tomorrow morning. :mad2::mad2::mad2:

DD, where I live, dead foxes and badgers are a very common sight I'm afraid. You really wouldn't want to hit a dead badger on your motorbike that's for sure.

I accidently discovered that I've probably been taking medication on and off for about 4 years that I shouldn't be. Not happy that no-one informed me that I shouldn't be tasking these medications. :(

My Goodness Nystagmite! Where they prescribed by your doc?

What made me want to swear today, is discovering my climber of 5yrs has been blown off the side of my house the winds have been so severe :-(

What made me want to swear today, is discovering my climber of 5yrs has been blown off the side of my house the winds have been so severe :-(

What was he doing up the side of your house?.............. door bell not working? :D

• Confused 1

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

What was he doing up the side of your house?.............. door bell not working? :D

Oooh NO, that's not very sympathetic!! :rofl:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Oooh NO, that's not very sympathetic!! :rofl:

:pound::pound::pound:Well at least this has made me smile!!!

what made me swear today...mmmmmmmmmm this is a biggy..getting up to discover that my lovely silver car had been spray painted with black paint.....and all my 4 tyres slashed.........and before anyone asks...no i havent upset up anybody.....lol...i might have to now though.....girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

Hubby said

"get up early tomorrow and we can go for a walk, have a drink in the pub, and I'll cook dinner"

I've been up since 06.30, had my breakfast, beef is on timer in the oven, got the veg ready, and he's still asleep,

i would scream but i'd scare the kids nextdoor

So why aren't you in the pub yet? :p

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.