Comet - Small Claims Court

rob110169
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

a bit late to this thread but...

I am glad that you sorted your problem out but a little bit sorry that comet got away with it.

Two years ago I took comet to the SCC for a fridge repair they refused to undertake or pay for when I got it repaired independently. The fridge was three years old at the time but my argument was that the fridge could reasonably be expected to have lasted up to 6 years and that since it had broke down after 3 years it was not of merchantable quality. The repair cost was only £100 odd but they still defended it.

In finding for me and between the lines the judge summed up that basically comet should be ashamed of its policies towards its customers and should change their practices. (fat chance of that lol)

Anyways, comet fight every action it would seem, no matter what their real culpability is so anyone who is taking them on, if you are right, go for it.

I often avoid comet posts, really regret not seeing this one as I would have hopefully been able to help.

As a reference should something like this happen you may seek a repair and pay the difference and making a massive point, with written proof that you are paying the difference UNDER DURESS. This allows you to make a claim at a later date (as the person above has done).

Again if they also refuse to do it for free you can indeed get this done independently and sue for damages (as above). Glad you got it sorted out, wish UK companies would actually abide by the law.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.