Overdraft charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a student account with the Halifax and i accidently went over my limit by like £30. I went abroad and when i returned i found out that the Halifax had charged me the £20 fee for going over and then another £20 because when the withdrew the original £20 charge i had insufficient funds in my account. They then started calling me and sending letters asking for payment. They charge £10per phone call and £20 per letter. As i was on abroad for two months i was unable to receive these letters and phone calls and was unaware of the problem. I also received a 2 letter saying that one of their agents was suppose to call round my house but I wasn’t at home and they charge £30 per home visit.

The amount i have to pay now is significantly higher due to all the letter, calls and visits i received whilst i was away.

I really am panicking as i don’t have the amount of money they are asking for and am worried that this will keep raising even more. Could anyone offer me any advice on what to do or if i could claim back some of the charges.

Regards

Kam

kamalamrani

obviously you should have been aware thatyou were on your threshold of being in the black but that said where do we go from here.

personally i would open another account asap

next a visit to these industrious bankers to see what limitation or reduction you are able to negotiate and finally consider claiming unfair charges to your account at least one ie home visit is unlawfull as you never requested or sort to have them visit. they will try it on after all they need money obviously yours.

good luck

djc