Argos/Cabot - Which way next please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Evening all,

Ims, would you mind having a check of the figures for me please.

Also, (although I'm not signing it because they want to offset) on the settlement agreement it says:

I confirm that I have received a copy of the final response issued by ACS and accept the amount in full and final settlement of all claims of whatsoever nature I may have against Home Retail Group Card Services Ltd, or any other company within the HRG in connection with the sale of the PPI insurance policy referred to above.

Does this mean that if I was to reclaim the charges applied because they wouldn't let me claim on the PPI they would be able to refuse because of this statement or does it only mean the actual PPI premiums? (I put in a request for these charges at the same time as the PPI and haven't had any reply)

As always, many thanks

Up2

First off, tell them that you require them to provide a detailed breakdown of how they have calculated their redress figure.

Remember that 8% is only payable on any credit balance that may result from the reconstruction of the account when removing the PPI.

Don't sign that acceptance form with that clause in it. It will bind you to not reclaiming PPI from any other company in the group. When you have finally agreed the calculations then you can sign as settlement on a PPI related claim for the Argos card only.

If the account has been sold to Cabot then they cannot offset although fos may well side with them on the issue.

Their redress should include a refund of all charges and associated interest which occurred as a result of the PPI so you really need to get that detailed breakdown.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

• 3 months later...

Quick update,

I'm still waiting (from Argos) for the breakdown on the PPI interest,(don't know who else to write to about this now?) and am in the process of suing for charges (they denied the charges being unfair, and claim they need not pay anything as stature barred, but as a gesture of goodwill have sent me a cheque for 40 odd quid.) Needless to say I've refused their insulting offer and am in the process of drawing up the POC ready to claim.

However Crapbot have now sent this disputed account to the Lewis Group (Ruthbridge must've ran away with their tail between their legs.) I'm very tempted to ignore, but I know these lot like playing with Howard Cohen.

I'm getting fed up of sending the account in dispute letter to every clown in the circus tent, but have fallen for HC underhanded and deceptive practices, landing me with a CCJ so I don't know what to do for the best.

The latest letter is a final demand printed on official looking, scary red paper with bold writing in white boxes (In honesty, I would have had half a heart attack when I saw it if I didn't belong to this site)

It says 'We have written to you on a number of occasions......' (twice including this scary demand).

It then goes on to say..... We will consider taking further action if you do not pay this debt by the date specified above (Thursday) which will result in a debt collector being instructed to visit your home to personally collect the debt'. I hope he doesn't expect a glass of port and mince pie with his 'doorstep' letter?

Should I ignore or start letter ping pong (ping in Ruthbridges case lol) with the lovely Lewis Group? You're experience of these cretins will be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Up2

Hi Upto,

Send all the same letters as sent to Ruthbridge, in fact refer them to Ruthbridge metioning the long ongoing dispute, and let the get on with that.

Just send the copies don't rewrite any thing and send to their compliance manager.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 4 weeks later...

Morning all,

Well, I have asked Argos 3 times to provide a complete breakdown of how they came to the PPI calculation, all they are doing is sending a copy of the first letter they sent which shows squat. They did very kindly say 'We have taken the decision on this occasion to forward the refund directly to you as requested. Please sign the acknowledgement slip......' Which still says, 'Accept the settlement offer of £ in full and final settlement of all claims of whatsoever nature I may have against Home Retail Group Card Services or any other company within HRG in connection with the sale of the PPI insurance policy referred to above'

Although it says in connection with PPI insurance, I'm worried this statement will come back an bite me on the butt (if I signed it) when I sue for charges.

Onto the charges. They've written to say that they will not be reviewing their offer. No surprise there.

Now, when I received my SAR it was the basic-est of information. No statements just transaction history. With their latest letter they've kindly sent me an Archive contact report to point out to me how many times I ignored their intimidating staff when they called - thanks Argos, and they've referred to a letter I sent them over six years ago!! so it appears to me that they do indeed hold more data on me than they provided under my SAR..

I have written to them informing them I want a complete breakdown of how they arrived at each PPI figure. I've also requested they send me a copy of all data they have under my recent SAR request.

In the meantime, I am getting the POC (charges) ready to send but I was wondering if anybody knew the correct name to put on the N1? Would it be Home Retail Group Card Services t/a Arg card services? Advice on this would be appreciated.

Up2

• 1 year later...
Morning all,

Well, I have asked Argos 3 times to provide a complete breakdown of how they came to the PPI calculation, all they are doing is sending a copy of the first letter they sent which shows squat. They did very kindly say 'We have taken the decision on this occasion to forward the refund directly to you as requested. Please sign the acknowledgement slip......' Which still says, 'Accept the settlement offer of £ in full and final settlement of all claims of whatsoever nature I may have against Home Retail Group Card Services or any other company within HRG in connection with the sale of the PPI insurance policy referred to above'

Although it says in connection with PPI insurance, I'm worried this statement will come back an bite me on the butt (if I signed it) when I sue for charges.

Onto the charges. They've written to say that they will not be reviewing their offer. No surprise there.

Now, when I received my SAR it was the basic-est of information. No statements just transaction history. With their latest letter they've kindly sent me an Archive contact report to point out to me how many times I ignored their intimidating staff when they called - thanks Argos, and they've referred to a letter I sent them over six years ago!! so it appears to me that they do indeed hold more data on me than they provided under my SAR..

I have written to them informing them I want a complete breakdown of how they arrived at each PPI figure. I've also requested they send me a copy of all data they have under my recent SAR request.

In the meantime, I am getting the POC (charges) ready to send but I was wondering if anybody knew the correct name to put on the N1? Would it be Home Retail Group Card Services t/a Arg card services? Advice on this would be appreciated.

Up2

Any update on your case? My sister also is in a similar situation and thinking of making a court claim.It would be nice to know how yours progressed.

Thanks Dot