PCN for kensington and chelsea borough council

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5434 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My husband parked in a pay and display which ran out at 12.15pm. He got back to the car to move it at 12.17pm and the inspector was writing the ticket already. He spoke to the inspector and told him he was moving the car now but the bloke said too late, its already written now.. The ticket states he observed the vehicle from 12.16 to 12.21, which was a lie as my husband was talking to him at 12.17pm. Can we contest this, if so how would i word the letter? and are there any laws or anything I can quote?

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

I am curious as to how you can know precisely that he returned at 12.17? Assuming you are using the parking attendant's times, then if the ticket ran out at 12.15, then by your own version of events he's overstayed. So what would your line of defence be?

If I were you I would write a letter explaining the reason why he was very slightly late back. Others on the forum have raised issued elsewhere about the synchronisation of the clock on the machine and the attendant's watch, but I think you're better off going for mitigating circumstances (assuming there are some, and he tried to get back before the expiry).

You can point out the very slim margin and ask for leniency, as a charge seems out of proportion to the very slight nature of the offence...

Hope this doesn't sound unsympathetic, but you understand that the local authority will take a matter of fact view if the vehicle did in fact overstay.