Corporate Amex and CCJ

Trojan1401
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3697 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if anyone could give me a bit of advice please.

Stupidly I let a debt get to the stage where a CCJ was obtained by Amex and am currently paying an amount direct from my salary to them.

There was a signifiicant amount of late charges applied to the original debt along with court costs etc. Having looked at some of the threads, it appears a bit more difficult to recover unfair charges from Amex. My question though is, as the debt is subject to a CCJ can I still persue recovery of the unfair charges to help offset the balance ?

We are also under the CCCS for a couple of other debts however they did not include this. Does anyone know whether it is possible to ask the courts to transfer the debt to the overall plan.

For infor, the Amex card was in my name and fully responsible for payment although the Company name did appear on the card.

Any advise on this issue will be gratefully received.

Trojan

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

Hello Trojan!

I'd gather all of the paperwork that you can, and go back over the entire case.

Did Amex Terminate the Agreement lawfully, for example, did they issue a Default Notice, and was it defective?

You may have grounds for getting the CCJ over-turned.

Cheers,

BRW

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...