Card grabbed by bank machine weekend,mmm

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone had a funny though completely,kind of what next feeling when a ATM grabs by its jaws your card and spoils what could be a few pound in your pocket for weekend.On friday night i went to bank to draw a tenner(hopefully)when the card got stuck.With a little help from a key it went in (yes)brilliant.All info came up,thought to myself withdraw it and try again,mmm.It, though i fought valiantly would not release it from its jaws,alarm went it swallowed card without chewing and machine said sorry i enjoyed eating your card and closed down for the weekend.All this witnessed by a bemused taxi driver,who i notice had fine teeth,he was laughing so much,That combined with a gas leak in the house friday which led to closure of gas supply for weekend,led to me and my mrs keeping our distance for weekend,Leaving me with no option but to spend the weekend on the CAG which i enjoyed.Tawnyowl.

Has anyone had a funny though completely,kind of what next feeling when a ATM grabs by its jaws your card and spoils what could be a few pound in your pocket for weekend.On friday night i went to bank to draw a tenner(hopefully)when the card got stuck.With a little help from a key it went in (yes)brilliant.All info came up,thought to myself withdraw it and try again,mmm.It, though i fought valiantly would not release it from its jaws,alarm went it swallowed card without chewing and machine said sorry i enjoyed eating your card and closed down for the weekend.All this witnessed by a bemused taxi driver,who i notice had fine teeth,he was laughing so much,That combined with a gas leak in the house friday which led to closure of gas supply for weekend,led to me and my mrs keeping our distance for weekend,Leaving me with no option but to spend the weekend on the CAG which i enjoyed.Tawnyowl.

If your card is eaten by an ATM machine ALWAYS cancel it as soon as possible.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Wise point Yourbank. The use of Lebanese Loops is rife nowadays in most cities and although you can't get your card out, a thief may be able to.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

It's only happened to me when using those stupid depositing machines in the Halifax (I have since learned that it is due to the account being in collections).

I have once had the card returned, along with receipt but no money! Had a mobile to hand so called up and was advised that the money was automatically credited back anyway. Now that is scary.

Just a quick update,went to bank Monday morning,lady said ,a lot were caught out over weekend including my next door neighbour.But due to your account being with different bank you cant have it,banks policy.Go to your own bank report it which i did -one week later maybe you will receive card.Solved,i agree with immediatly reporting it to your bank when card is eaten by machine,as so many scams are operating.Still got major problem with gas supply off.7 DAYS TOM ,Sunday getting fixed.Me and Mrs keeping well apart,;)no shower for week,:DNo cooking for week only takaways:rolleyes:;):DDog has become my closest pal

Brilliant gas leak fixed.:)Everything returns to normal.:cool:No cooking or showering for last ten days.:eek:Like skeletons.:roll: Dog has returned back to basket.:wink:Wife returns.:)Last problem,bank card,when will you return.Lady says due to postal strikes in London could take extra time.:(