Innocent Purchaser

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I understand that log book loans are not the same as hire purchase, as LBL actually own the car if the bill of sale is right. While researching for another thread I stumbled across this, and wondered if it may be a useful argument for people who innocently buy cars that LBL later try and take back.

FAQ - Hire Purchase: Last week I bought a car from a friend and l have just found out that it?s still the subject of a hire purchase agreement ? I didn?t know at the time of ?purchase.? The finance company is chasing me as they say that it

Sorry if it's useless but thought it worth a mention.:)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

That's as may be However they cannot (though they will try) circumvent the CCA IMHO their claim to immediate possession only applies to the original borrower. In order to establish their rights to possession they will have to prove in court that the present owner is NOT an 'innocent buyer' & they not you should try suing the borrower (though I think they may have problems in that respect;))

Having said ALL that we on these boards know how LBL operate & the above will not mean one jot to them They will turn up at your door & demand the car, they may even demand you pay them AND return the car, expect anything & everything & you won't be disapointed.

Advice: Check the car for concealed GPS tracking devices & don't assume if you find 1 you've found them all. Then put it somewhere safe. Then find a lawyer who will serve notice on them as a LIP will be ignored as even Lawyers are sometimes by LBL & their bullies

failing all of that if you need further help & assuming the site approves PM me for further off the board advice .....reason we know LBL & their cronies (hello! LBL & cronies :p) are avid readers of these boards

Edited by JonCris

• 8 months later...

I purchased a vehicle from a friend of a friend - however thehistory on the vehicle is suspect

I do not know whether I shouldtry to sell it on or return it to the last person who sold it

I have written to the finance company but I have not had a response

Almost forgot don't rely on the police as they'll probably believe everything LBL say & might even threaten you with arrest if you refuse to cooperate with LBL's debt collectors ......... it has happened more than once

The Police now take notice of reports about lbl. i spent 3 hrs with my solicitor and laptop showing them this site. so always report anything to the police about lbl. have a look at my last posts. my court case is soon. and the police are helping alot. i did do hpi checks on my car the police have given me a report also stating it was free of any hpi. which is going to be a big help in court. so now the police have info on lbl everyone please report everything to them and they will give you an incident number. and pass on all info from lbl or there bailifs.

also if everyone who has bought a car only to find months later lbl at your door i would like you to get intouch.

I know it looks good, but i was in the same position as many of the victims. I purchsed the car did a HPI check, everything before hand, and still lost. But don't put that you off, I was my fault, i did not full understand the argument, if i had learnt a lesson get a sol.

What came out in court is the LBL and others like them hold off showing intrest until the car has changed hands-then they go after it, Quote " its easy that way, as the person is unaware and usally has no idea" unquote.

My partner-who was assalted, trying to stop the Agents taking the car summed it up for me, once a ****** always a ******..

I fell pretty upset that I lossed, but we still have the criminal case comming up. They think they will win, but the cctv footage shows the whole thing.

Listen guys-keep at it, the more we try the better position we can be when these come knocking...

trooper68

Trooper68:)

• 2 years later...

Hello pal,

my car has been taken away two months after I bought it. I have read a lot into this threads and found a lot useful information and found you might have loads of information in this regard. I am in the process of writing a letter to the finance company for the title of good faith and innocent buyer. Could you please give me info on how to do this and what is the proper way. if you need more info on the situation please let me know.

Thank you very much for your help.